I know this may sound ridiculous....

iVillage Member
I know this may sound ridiculous....
Thu, 06-11-2009 - 4:16pm

... to those who aren't animal lovers. We have been caring for several feral cats, providing shelter, warmth and food in our garage. We even went so far as to put in a doggie door so they could come go at their leisure. We only named 2 of them because they were our favorites. Max was a love bug, even though he stayed away from others that he didn't know. Georgie was the funny one and, although we couldn't touch, he kept us laughing with silly antics. We have loved these cats for going on 2 years and they have suddenly disappeared. Georgie has been gone for over 2 weeks and Max has been gone for a week now.

There are many ferals around here and we learned last year that several people were setting live traps for the cats. We just weren't aware of what they did with the cats. Well, it seems that some people are taking them out into the country and dropping them off, while others are using them for target practice. This makes me so sad. I really doubt that Max and Georgie will ever return home. I miss them. Just wanted to get that off my chest, so thanks for reading.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-11-2009 - 5:13pm
Some people are really poor examples of our species, you know? No "humanity" or compassion in them. >>:=// I'm so sorry about your cats you were helping. :(

Blessings,

Gypsy

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 2:15pm
Thanks, Gypsy! Your kind words melted my heart! >>I'm so sorry about your cats you were helping.<<

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 7:34pm

a fellow animal lover here too. It's shocking what some people will do with strays. A friend of my son's used to catch and sell stray cats to one of the local Chinese restraunts. I pray it was for mouse control... I hope your's will return home unharmed.

Rhonda in CA