tachycardia with ECG that has changed

iVillage Member
tachycardia with ECG that has changed
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 3:43pm

Hi

My name is sarah, married with two children.

This is the first time I have used this board but I am really confused so hoping that someone may be able to help. I was taken to A&E two nights ago with tachycardia and left arm pain. The Dr in A&E said that my ECG had changed since last time and he was not totally happy with it. He wanted to admit me for tests and a possible abalation, though I had been told that you can abalate atrial tachycardia. I was put on the ward to see another Dr who said he thought my ECG was fine (although I had bloods and xrays taken by A&E and two nurse told me the ecg was borderline)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:13am

Hello, Sarah, and welcome to Heart Health!!

I'm sorry that I hadn't seen your post sooner, but I'm usually away for the weekend and sometimes I can't always get here.

Anyway, I'm including 2 links for you ... One which explains Tachycardia and the other has to do with ablation. I had a cardioversion a couple of years ago or so and my cardiologist had suggested a pacemaker if the cardioversion failed. They tried everything to bring down my rapid heart rate, but to no avail. The cardioversion worked, thank goodness. There are others here that have had the ablation and beyond and I'm sure they'll reply to your post, also.

I don't want to step over the line with telling you that you have

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:00am

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am still confused about it all but will have to wait until I see my local Dr who hopefully will have some feedback from my cardiologist.

I am in the UK so it maybe different to elsewhere. No-one can help without copies of my ecgs both previous and recent........sort of leaves me in limbo.

I am feeling tired as on

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:23am

You're very welcome, Sarah! I only wish I could have done more. And, yes, please do let us know how things are going!

Heart Hugs ~

Photobucket