In the ER again, ugh

iVillage Member
In the ER again, ugh
Tue, 06-16-2009 - 1:27pm

I went into the ER thur. afternoon.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 1:52pm
So I went to the Rheum doc today and she believes that my stroke and MI are due to the ratio of my cholesterol, which I inherited from my father( thanks dad......LOL) but she also still believes I have Lupus and is going to start treating me for it after I go see my eye doctor which if someone can enlighten me as to why I would have to see my eye doc first that would be great!! Well that is my update for now till I see my cardiologist on friday.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 10:00pm
Oh, man, Kitten! Can anything else go wrong?! I believe it's possible to have a heart attack without knowing it, but that news must have stunned you. I sometimes wonder if I've had one, too... Anyway, keep the faith and don't ever, ever give up on yourself! I'll reply to your next post...

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 10:06pm

If you said before, I don't remember.... what have your cholesterol levels been? I was also suspected to have Lupus a long time ago, but nothing (so far) has developed. The doctor told me that I had "inactive cells" but that they could become active at any time. As for the eye tests, they will be conducted as part of your overall health. Lupus can affect the eyes and the ability to see well. You'll certainly be in my thoughts and prayers, dear heart! Keep on keeping on!

Heart Hugs ~

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-20-2009 - 2:33pm
Well I went to the cardiologist yesterday and he said that he really doesn't think my cholesterol is responsible for the dissection or the heart problem. He said that the area on my heart may or may not have been a heart attack. He is doing a heart cath on Monday the 29th to see what is going on. He also said that the area is so small it is unlikly to affect me in the future((finally some good news!!!!)) He said that even though my ratios are off on my cholesterol( sorry, i don't know exact numbers)) that the Lupus was more likely to have caused my problems, Hmmmm. Kinda sounds like a blame game now. Well anyways I am waiting for a call back from the ruem doc cause I looked up Plaquenil( the lupus drug) and it is a Sulfate which I am allergic too so that is out the window. But steroids are the other treatment and those are hard on you heart and probably not a good idea for me either. I have no idea how they are going to treat my lupus but I am ready for them to figure it out and get started. Thanks for reading girls!!!! Talk to you soon
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 06-24-2009 - 7:06am

~hugs~
Haven't been here in a bit but just wanted to respond.
A year ago last May I ended up in the hospital in the ER.
Previous to my heart attack my family doctor had noticed and kind of surprised at how high my cholesterol was.
I was put on medication for the high cholesterol.
After my heart attack I went for an echo cardiogram and a stress test.
I was put on medication for high blood pressure and I now carry nitro and take my low dose 81 mg of aspirin. Other medications I was put on was Prednisone (short term and then tapered off of it) and Plaquenil.
Also I have asthma so I use medication for that. I have been dealing with psoriasis and eczema to...lots of fun.
Just thought maybe the eye exam could be related to their diagnosis of Lupus a friend of mine who has it has some eye problems.
If you are on Plaquenil they also like to do tests to make sure it's okay for you to continue taking the medication.
I have to get yearly eye tests and every six months I am to go for a visual field test. (peripheral vision)
They might just want to see if you are having any eye problems.
I know what you mean having to go to the ER, again.

Nightangel
Nightangel