Rapid Heart Beat

iVillage Member
Rapid Heart Beat
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 12:07pm

Hello ,
I am not new to village had to come over here and maybe stop worrying for awhile . Need adives. I use to have a primary doctor , but he left his practice and got a better job with the Food and Drug administration I had for him for 20 yrs . He always did my EKG . and they were fine , but always been very stress out person , but the rapid heart beat started after my stress of my husband last three surgery in three yrs time when I had the sole care of him both time . I them started with a rapid heart beat and and it got better with the nerve pills I was taking , now it has started back again and showed up on the EKG with a new Dr for which I don't care for .

I am going to my GY doctor next year for a yearly check up and talk with him . I think what have I done to myself or what has this stress done to me either way has me worried . I ma learned to calm the rapid heart beat down and make it stop and has worked so far . My question has anyone had this and I am 60yrs old and still in menopause and taken off estrogen three yrs ago . Can you all help ?

Thanks , Margo

Light tomorrow with today

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 12:02am

Hi Margo...Glad you came to Heart Health. You didn't say in your post how rapid your heart beat is. Normal resting ranges between 60 and 80 I believe. Of course any activity will make it faster also. Is it rapid all the time or do you have palpitations? Try to find many ways to relax from the stress. Watch your caffeine intake and get some exercise every day.

HTH

Rhonda in CA

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 11:00am

Thanks rhons44,

I really don't know how fast it is , but can feel it like race or jump or something . At one doctors off he said I had rapid heart beat . I have since fired him and will go on to another one . I think all the stress I had in the past month or two has taken a toll on me now . I could cry at this point and try not to worry what is wrong with me .

Margo

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 4:47pm

Find the pulse point on your wrist, then count the beats with a clock or watch that has a second hand. Count the beats for 1 minute. If you haven't seen a Cardiologist I was advice seeing one, just to be on the safe side. Stress can do alot of stuff to our bodies.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing

Rhonda in CA

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 1:31pm

Hi, Margo, and welcome to Heart Health!! I take meds for arryhthmia. I was started on them when my pulse went out of control at 114 beats per minute. I had to have a cardioversion to bring it back to normal after all else had failed. So far, the meds are working. When I kept hearing my heartbeat in

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 8:00pm

Hi Geri.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 5:07pm

I still hear my heartbeat in my ears on occasion, but nothing like before. If I've run or even walked very fast, that's when I hear it. I can also hear it when I'm stressed, angry or scared. I also hear it after I'm settled down in bed for the night, but it quits. What I heard before was a constant, never-ending beat that was very loud. My cardio couldn't believe how long it had been happening and that I lived through it. Literally. So, I really don't know if your hearing your heartbeat in your ears is something for you to be concerned with. The best thing - as you know - is too speak with your cardio about it. Hopefully, it's something "normal." Let me know!

Big hugs back atcha!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 6:49pm

hello margox11,

i have also been dealing with this problem since 3 days ago, i've been told that is because of too much thinking caused by stress, problems and nervousness.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-25-2009 - 8:50pm

Hello Rosie ,
I am feeling better and to get it to stop the rapid heart beat . I try now to clear my head of anything that is bothering me for the day or the pass and tell it to please stop . Sounds crazy , but it works and little mind control . I am back on my estrogen too . I take a Vitamin D and drink Soymilk by Silk it is called . I walk off the stress to . My stress is from things that happen in the pass few years and months when I was working on a project and now I am paying the price , but the rapid heart beat has slowed . and far inbetween now .

I go to a new doctor next month to see how he is and call my Gy back he wants to know how I am doing too.. Most women I talk to at my age have rapid heart beat from menopause and from years of stress from a stressful job or family matter . We did not do this to ourselves the stress has done this to us . I walked today and feel good . Keep me posted on what the doctors says and remember you are not alone .

Margo

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-26-2009 - 11:37am

Goodmorning Margo,

Thank you for the input, im looking forward to seeing my doctor tomarrow.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-26-2009 - 3:54pm
Rosie ,
I am here for you too . I had those same feeling anxiety attaches and everything bothered me the TV husband talking anything . I went to lunch with a friend and make connection with friends like here on ivillage too . You may do a private email to me and I will email you back if you need to talk . You cannot post you email address on this board or phone number . I am 60+ yrs old and little older then you . Could be the loss of your job . Do you journal ? If so journal helps too you thoughts your feeling . I am doing so much better on my estrogen and try to have happy thoughts and not worry so much of what I have not done or the past .

Pages