Hello ladies...new gal here

iVillage Member
Hello ladies...new gal here
Thu, 08-27-2009 - 8:09am
Howdy to ya all, my name is Jan and I would so luv to be a part of your group :)! I'm a 62 yr old disabled Texas gal. My puter is my life, luv every minute of it. I'm married 30 yrs to a Texas fella and we have two kids. Our daughter is 28&3/4 and our son is 27.I have COPD,Hypertension,Diabetes and Degenerative Arthritis. Sorry to say I won't be in here too much today cuz I'm havin a Heart Cath tomorrow with possible Stent placement at 8am. The hospital is 2 hrs away, so we have to leave at 3:45am cuz they want me there at 6am:(. Don't know about the rest of the weekend, they told me to pack a bag just in case :O!! So just wanted to get my foot in the door and I'm really lookin forward to knowing and talkin with ya'll :). Hope to see ya'll this weekend but if ya don't you'll know why.
Hugs
BTW,are ya'll a daily post group??
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:00pm
Welcome! ;)) How did your heart cath go? Hope you are doing o.k.! I had one in early March... I'm also 62. :P

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket

"Life is a state of mind." ~~from Being There.

Edited 9/1/2009 1:01 pm ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-31-2009 - 3:03pm

Hi Geri,

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 4:41pm

We welcome you with open arms, Daisie!! Please share your heart story with us, if you feel comfortable enough in doing so. Thank you for posting and I hope we see you again real soon!

With Heart Hugs, Geri

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 4:34pm

Welcome, welcome, Jan!! I'm in your age range (shhh! Don't tell anyone!) ;), married and have only furkids. I have coronary heart disease, Hypertension, plus Spinal Stenosis. I am also disabled and one of those people who live on a fixed income. I've had 2 heart caths and a stent placement in my right groin. So far, I'm doing okay. And though I'm not from Texas, I also say y'all! :)

I am really anxious to learn how your heart cath went and the stent placement, as well. We certainly will have something in common! Let us know how you're doing and how everything went as soon as possible.

Btw, there is usually someone here on the board almost everyday. I try to be, but I usually spend my weekends catching up on housework, laundry, etc.

With Heart Hugs, Geri

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 10:46am

Hi Jan,