*ROLL CALL* for September

iVillage Member
*ROLL CALL* for September
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 11:51am
Give us your name (user or real) and tell us a little about yourselves. C'mon, lurkers, you, too!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 9:14pm

I'm so glad you're here! I also have problems with high cholesterol and hypertension,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 12:09pm
A little late to the game. I am linenpress, 63 next month, female. I have cholesterol in the 240 range, and hypertension. I used to post on Ivillage years ago then got busy. I take vasotec for BP and was taking plavastatin for cholesterol until this morning. I figured out it was causing weak muscles, cramping, memory loss and emotional upset. I will go back to treating with diet that I did successfully before. I welcome any healthy eating tips you have. I have my first grandchild - a girl 6 months old that I want to stay healthy for. I do light weights and belly dancing for exercise along with stretching. I like whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean meat, but can't stand dairy. Though I know what to eat, I find putting meal plans together a challenge.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 1:00pm
Yep, that's a big family. Thank goodness, though, that your family is not like the Duggers! I'll keep those short and sweet questions coming just for you, Ms Florida!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 12:15am

Just how many siblings DO you have? I'm always happy to see you here on the board!

4 of each kind, including the in-laws (didn't even think about how many I have!!!)

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 4:36pm
Well, that was short and sweet, Ms Florida! :) Just how many siblings DO you have? I'm always happy to see you here on the board!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 4:35pm
You're right on about finding excuses not to eat right or exercise like we should! I'm with you! I lost a bunch of weight (33 lbs.) last year, but I'm finding it more difficult to keep losing. I haven't gained those 33 lbs. back, but I have hit a stalemate, it seems. I also take meds for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and GERD, as well as 3 or 4 different ones to keep my heart as healthy as possible.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 4:29pm
As always, it's a pleasure to have you onboard with us! Isn't it amazing sometimes how a health scare will give us the needed incentive and stamina to lead a more healthy lifestyle?! You are to be commended on losing all that weight! I didn't know that you had been married for that long or had any children. Thanks for sharing, Gypsy!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 1:11am
I'm Flor, I have many brothers & sisters.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 6:46pm

Hi Rhonda here 53 years old, from HOT, smokey Central/ southern (?) Calif...LOL Sounds like i don't know where I live, huh??? Anyway I am in the San Juaquin Valley of Calif. It is very polluted here and I am hoping we can move to northern Calif when my DH retires. Been married to DH for 14 years. Have 3 grown kids from prior marriage and 1 from current.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:25pm
Gypsy here in Northern California. ;)) I'm 62 and had a triple bypass and removal of dead heart muscle in mid March this year. Went in for a fairly minor surgery and flunked the EKG pre-surgery test, which led to a cardiac catheterization, and finding my heart was only functioning at 30%. :o( Surgery was scheduled quickly after that. Fortunately, due to getting into physical shape and losing the weight, I was a good candidate for the surgery and the recovery afterwards. Weight Watchers ROCKS! :P I am married, have been for 33+ years, and we have a grown daughter of 28. I am retired now and have major hearing loss, wearing two hearing aids. I have been focused on losing the extra weight gained over the past decades and living a healthy lifestyle, vs. the eating I did that clogged three heart vessels so badly they had to be replaced. :O Thanks to Weight Watchers that I began last year, July 2008, I have lost 89 lbs., and now walk over 100 min. a day with my Mika dog, and am on a healthy WW maintenance diet now, and learning how to really *live* a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. I still attend weekly meetings for the support and to encourage others by sharing my journey. ;)) Something I never really did before, except for short bursts of weight loss and exercise for a few years here & there over the past decades...but always inconsistently.

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket

"Life is a state of mind." ~~from Being There.

Edited 9/1/2009 12:57 pm ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(