I had a scare Friday evening....

iVillage Member
I had a scare Friday evening....
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 4:44pm

Friday turned out to be more stressful than usual and Friday evening I thought I was having a heart attack. I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden, I got pains in my chest. I thought maybe it was indigestion, so I sat perfectly still and waited for it to go away. But it didn't. It got worse and worse until I felt like someone had punched me between my shoulder blades and I began feeling sick to my stomach. Thus, I told dh we needed to go to the hospital. To make a long story shorter, I ended up staying the night in the hospital for observation. All my tests came back okay, including an x-ray of my lungs. The doctor thinks I had an angina attack. I used to have those long ago and I

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 11:18am

Thank you!!

Photobucket

Follow me to HEART HEALTH

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 10:25am
So glad you are okay. I don't have heart disease but did have a scare. I posted it under news. Please read it for info about statins.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 1:09pm
Oh gosh, I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious as well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 5:05pm

Geri, my friend: I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. Wow, how scary that must have been. I am guilty of over looking pains also. I awoke a while back to a pain that lasted only a minute but felt like someone had pulled one of those 3 pronged garden tools across my chest. Did I go to ER?....nooooo

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-07-2009 - 6:05pm
Thanks, Gypsy! I'm doing okay now. And yes, you're right, of course... It's a lesson for us all. My stress level is maxed out, so I'm hoping I don't have any more problems.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-07-2009 - 12:04pm
Oh, my! :O How scary! I am so glad you went to the hospital and you are alright now! :) I carry nitro but don't take it regularly, and so far have not needed to take it at all. Hope it helps you. {{{HUGS!}}}

I probably would have rationalized, too, the pain as to heartburn, indigestion, muscle pull, etc. Even post heart surgery, I'd likely do that, too. So easy to go to simpler, more "normal" explanations first... :o( Glad you went in to get checked out! A good lesson to us all with heart issues!

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket

"Life is a state of mind." ~~from Being There.

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(