symptoms of heart disease??

iVillage Member
symptoms of heart disease??
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 1:08am

Hi ladies I'm new here.. I'm just wondering what were the symptoms you experienced if you've been diagnosed with Heart disease?

I do not know if I have it or not I'm 27 years old almost 28 just had my 3rd child in July.. but was talking to my MIL about someone that we know had a heart attack at 50 and no one even knew she was sick.. well then she started telling me about a friend of hers that only had the pain in his left arm.. well I've been having pain in my left arm from my shoulder to my elbow.. it's not constant, but nearly.. and also pain around the bottom of my ribs and by my shoulderblade sometimes all on the left side..

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 7:25pm

Photobucket

Hi, Beth! I'm happy to meet you! And I certainly do apologize for my only now getting around to replying to your post. (I do have something in common with turtles, I think.) ;)

I so hope you have learned something by now

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 4:11pm

Welcome sweet.dreams.mommy......what a cute screeen name. Anyway, It would be best for you to get a complete check up with a Cardiologist just to be on the safe side. Have your regular Dr that you will be seeing on Thursday do an EEG and check your Cholestrol in the mean time. And be sure to tell him/her all of the symptoms that you have been having. Do you drink alot of caffeine? If so, cut back or drink decaffeinated. Also watch the fatty foods. It's hard to stay away from fast foods, cheese, ect., but that's what we need to do sometimes. And try to relax as much as possible. Raising 3 young kids can be stressful....BTDT...LOL

Let us know how you are doing and what the Doc has to say.

Rhonda in CA