Chest pressure

iVillage Member
Chest pressure
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 10:49am

I'm premenopausal and have been experiencing chest pressure, palpitations and shortness of breath. I usually get on an elliptical 3 times a week for 20 minutes. I was told that many women experience this when they get close to menopause. My symptoms are worst in the mornings. When I get going throughout the day, the symptoms are less or gone... Should I be concerned?

pepper spray,mace,stun gun,taser,personal alarm,hidden safe,security camera,home protection,self defense products
iVillage Member
In reply to: martazoila
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 7:32pm

Photobucket

Hi! I just wanted to say welcome and that I'm so glad that all of your tests came back wonderfully well! If you ever need us again, we'll be here! :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 5:26pm

Thanks for asking. I forgot I was going to post my results! Good news; both the ECO and stress test were fine. The cardiologist mentioned that my heart was GREAT and that I should talk to my primary and ask to be referred to a GI. I'm thinking it might be something like acid reflux or maybe an ulcer...
This is a relief! I can deal with stomach issues or what have you, but when it comes to my heart and my brain, that is a different story!

pepper spray,mace,stun gun,taser,personal alarm,hidden safe,security camera,home protection,self defense products
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 4:42pm

Hi martazoila....I'm glad you are getting tested today. I turned 54 in Oct. So I know exactly what you are going through.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 5:53pm

Hi Rhonda,
I just turned 50 this summer and have had these symptoms for about 3 weeks now. I have an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow. They are going to run a stress test and an ECO? I'm not sure if I will be able to know something specifically tomorrow or if the results of these tests will take some time. I will let you know...

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 5:41pm

Welcome martazoila....You didn't say how old you are or how long you've been having these symptoms. Have you seen a Dr? If not, I would advise you to see a Dr and have a good check up including a check of your heart. Be sure and tell them all the symptoms you are having. Tell them if you know of any heart disease or heart attacks in your family. Its always better to be safe than sorry.

Let us know how you are doing.

Rhonda in CA