Palpitation question

iVillage Member
Palpitation question
Fri, 12-11-2009 - 10:06am

Hi, Im new to the board. I am cyndi, 36 yrs old.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-11-2009 - 5:07pm

Photobucket

Hi, Cyndi! What a pleasure to meet you!

There could be a number of reasons why you've experienced the palpitations and lightheadness. But, sticking with what I know, it could very well be your blood pressure is becoming too high. Which, of course, could lead to heart issues. However, BP is easily controlled with medication. I have two questions... How long have you drank coffee? Granted, the caffiene may be a contributing factor, but I'm a coffee-holic and it has never interfered with with my health. Have you been under any stress recently? You would be surprised what stress can do!

Reading information isn't always a plus. Some sites are conflicting, while others are only guess work at best. I rely soley on WebMD or the Mayo Clinic site. There are those things that our bodies cough up, so to speak, that may never happen again. We're left to wonder why.

I'm glad you'll be seeing your doctor very soon. He's the only one qualified, of course, to offer a diagnosis. I'm sure you're going to find that all the worry wasn't necessary. Good luck to you and please report back to let us know what you've learned, okay?

With heart Hugs~

"Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." ~ Sunshine Magazine

Photobucket