Newbie saying Hi

iVillage Member
Newbie saying Hi
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 6:23pm

Hello:

I am new to this board but I've been on several other boards before all the way back to 2000.

I was diagnosed, to term it loosely, with Heart Failure June 29th, 2009. I say loosely, because the cardiologist I see can't seem to talk straight with me. I've had numerous EKGs (I have had a lot of PVCs for at least 9 years), several Echos, a two part stress Thallium test, and a heart catheterization. I've had HBP for at least 12 years, treated for 9. I have a dialated heart, LVH, and a 40% EF. I am getting worse despite the medication. I am a 41-year-old female.

Today I made an appointment with a new cardiologist that was recommended and had my records faxed over.

I have to admit that I'm scared. I have two daughters, 17 & 8, and I especially worry about my youngest. I am a single parent and my ex barely knows my youngest, besides he has heart problems from chemotherapy and diabetes.

I'm filling out a new living will and advanced directive, my Will has been done for years. I know it may or may not be premature to worry about this...but still...

Regards,

Karen

Community Leader
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 8:29pm
~hugs~
Hi Karen and Welcome!
I am a single mom to my ds just turned twenty, he lives with me he has a disability.
My dd just turned twenty-three and she lives on her own.
About a year and a half ago I had a heart attack and I worry about my kids to.
Just wanted to say you aren't ALONE.
<3
Lorie aka ~nightangel67~
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-30-2009 - 4:57pm

Photobucket

Hello, Karen! I'm pleased as punch to meet you! I can totally understand why you're feeling so uneasy. As hard as we might try, we're only human and we can't always help but worry. I've been through all the tests that you have, plus an cardioversion. That was the scariest part for me. I've also been stented in my groin. I was never really concerned with my heart health until I had to have the cardioversion done. I was a smoker and that caused me to quit cold-turkey. Just hold on tightly to hope. Please come back and tell us how things are going for you, would you? You'll be in my thoughts and I'm looking forward to becoming better acquainted with you.

With Heart Hugs~

Photobucket