The QOTW for this week 2/8/10!
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 7:16pm

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 5:28pm

Yes they did...:)

When I was younger I always ate whatever we had and cleaned my plate.

My grand-parents seemed to be a bit more strict with me than my older brother.

I love vegetables and eat fruit (love it)...

Just decided that my kids would have a relaxing meal time where it would be fun, and happy and enjoyable for all and it was.

We talked, we laughed, and we shared our day with each other.

My ds and I usually plan now to sometimes watch a movie or a favourite show together while we eat our supper.

This morning he was asking me if I wanted to listen to some of the music his sister/dd likes.

So we have decided we will later tonight as he had some things he wanted to watch and I had one thing I wanted to watch before going out.

I think because I wasn't so strict at meal time they came to feel much more comfortable and were willing to try things and weren't expected to eat it if they really didn't like it.

By giving them an option to say have dessert first or with their meal I found that they ate more actually.

Both of my kids love to cook and that is so cool.

<3

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 7:11pm
"When they were little I had no problem with them having dessert first as long as they ate the rest of the meal...can you tell I love my dessert?...;)...lol..."

What a great philosophy, Night Angel! I'll bet they always did eat the rest of the meal, too!

Siggy

Community Leader of Women's Health

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 7:04pm
My husband will bring me a dozen roses (even though I've told him he doesn't need to at least that many times), we will go out to dinner, exchange cards, and come home for a lingerie fashion show and other assorted activities in the bedroom.

You know, just a typical Sunday evening. :::ROFL:::

Siggy

Community Leader of Women's Health

Community Leader
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 7:20pm
~hugs~
I am single but I have always bought something for each of my kids or made something extra-special for supper for me and ds...dd lives on her own...she went through a break-up last year...:(...I got her some really cute things for Valentines just to let her know I think she is very Special...she is my "Angel"...it's funny today at a local coffee shop where we live I treated her to a coffee and a doughnut.
After that she decided she would like a ham and swiss cheese sub...:)
When they were little I had no problem with them having dessert first as long as they ate the rest of the meal...can you tell I love my dessert?...;)...lol...
I called her by her nick-name we sometimes use but it kind of made the cashier laugh but dd didn't mind at all.
It's a term of endearment we have used since she was born.
Actually her dad used to call her that when we first had her and she was a baby he would write notes to us.
My ds doesn't really care if I get him anything he says I already "Spoil" him so I will probably make him something he loves a favourite for supper.
No hot date, no candy, or flowers but maybe I will just have to buy myself some "Chocolate"...;)...lol...:)
<3
Knowing me I will share...
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 3:32pm
I don't.

Molly

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 7:38am
I send out valentines every year, to mine.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 10:06pm
Usually with dinner and cards, sometimes he will surprise me with a really nice gift.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 3:24pm
We usually exchange cards, maybe dinner-the next night after the crowds.

cl-flowers

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 2:17pm
My kids are trying to talk me into making fondue for dinner that night.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 1:13pm
No biggie, but we do get each other cards and a little candy. Special dessert treat. We eat in. :) I don't decorate any more, as I did when our DD was a kid. Will send her card and candy, though. ;)

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.