No cure for heart disease...

iVillage Member
No cure for heart disease...
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 12:36pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100212/ap_on_he_me/us_med_clinton_s_heart

This is discouraging to me...having had a triple bypass last year. :(( Not to mention, once DH retires, such surgeries or "tune-ups" won't likely even be a financial possibility for me, let alone paying for the Rx's I'm on now. I really, really didn't want to read this kind of news. I thought I was "fixed up" as long as I maintain a lowfat diet, exercise, and take my meds, you know? <:\\

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:37pm

I think Medicare laws should be enacted and enforced to state the approved insurance benefits.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 2:15pm

I love the fact that the insurance we have through DH's employer has their own pharmacy and I can renew online and they mail it to me without postage charges. That way I don't waste gas and parking fees to pick up my Rx renewals at their pharmacy (we have to use the plan pharmacy and can't use any others). I'm glad you have such a compassionate pharmacy for your dad and for you. Times are very hard for a lot of people and it's nice to know there are businesses out there who care and are compassionate, especially when it comes to the medications needed!

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Community Leader
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 10:19am
~hugs~
This is so true...
A friend of mine had their medication changed because they found out the one thye had been on wasn't covered anymore.
When they lost their job eventually their benefits from that company, their now former employer ran out.
Before they basically had othing to pay and now they are scrambling to try and find a way.
We have a plan here called trillium but for a lot of people it just doesn't help them in their situation because they can't afford the deductible.
My dad had insurance and it helped him with all the medications my mom was on but you had to pay for them first and then be reimbursed...the pharmacy back then would wait for those cheques and allowed my dad to pay a little each week or every other and give him her prescriptions because she needed them...not too many would do that today although mine was really good when I had my heart attack...they gave me enough medication in the beginning to get by until I got some help...
Many who are unable to work or who have either taken acut in pay/hours or lost their jobs like me are in a quandary....
The pharmacy I deal with will deliver prescriptions which is a definitely big help so for me the co-pay while hard to manage since losing my job is why I stay with them...they have been incredible.
I can drive but don't own a car and because walking can sometimes be difficult having that peace of mind helps me immensely knowing if I couldn't wait for them or was unable to get out to get them they would basically deliver them to me.
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 12:35am

Thank you! :) I'm not eligible yet for Medicare and a supplemental insurance will still be needed when DH & I are. Need a drug plan for our Rx's and for whatever Medicare refuses to pay for, as it doesn't pay for everything and with limited income, we'll need more coverage than what it covers, as I understand it from other families already retired. And $$$ to pay for the additional coverage. And co-pays. <:\\

Scary things happening with some insurance companies just in the news this week for exorbitant rate raising in some states, too. <:O and having insurance isn't always enough, either. I have a SIL who needs hip replacement surgery, but is still too young by a couple years for Medicare. And she *has* insurance but can't afford her co-pay amount, so she's using a cane and has lived with pain for a year already. :( So, even having insurance, sometimes people still can't afford to get the health care they need. <:\\

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Community Leader
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 7:56pm
<3
Thank-you...:)
~hugs~
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 3:43pm

Unbelievable & all I see is a Chiropractor to fix my heart, besides my spine.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 12:39pm
Thank you so much for all your wise and kind words! They mean a lot! :)) HUGS back to you, too!

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Community Leader
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 1:57am
~hugs~
<3
Just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers.
All of my heart health problems were probably caused by my Psoriasis and also in turn that led to Arthritis which I have, just dealing with a diagnosis of RA (rheumatoid Arthrits) on top of that I have Asthma.
I lost my job just over a year ago a week before Christmas last year after going back to it.
In this past year I have exhausted my EI both regular and sick benefits and understand how worrisome all the financial ramifications of heart disease and the emotional toll it has taken on me personally and also that of my family and friends.
I am taking it one day at a time and hoping for better days ahead hon for all of us here on this board.
One thing I have learnt is to not hold things in...to take care of me and to realize I can't change everything all at once and that some things are out of my control.
Doing the best I can making lifestyle changes and taking the medications and trying to not sweat the small stuff anymore.
Learning to say no and that it is okay and isn't the end of the world.
Sending you a "virtual" hug...
<3
Happy Valentines!
Nightangel
Nightangel