It's time for me to go...

iVillage Member
It's time for me to go...
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:47pm

For the second time, I must tell you all that I have stepped down as the CL of the Heart Health board. The decision wasn't made without a lot of thought and tears. You read that right - tears. This is breaking my heart (no pun intended) to be doing this, but I must for the sake of my health. My spinal stenosis has become more painful and it's affecting my back and into my legs and feet. I cannot sit nor stand for long periods of time and with my being a host on

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 6:40pm
(((Geri))) You'll be missed as the CL here, but I'm sure we'll still see you as a member from time to time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:55am
I am sorry to read your post! :( When I first found this board after my heart surgery last year, it meant so much! The support from you and others, the great info you find and post for us. You will be missed! I hope and pray that further tests will lead to a way for the doctors to help you. Many {{{HUGS!}}}

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Community Leader
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 1:54pm
Thanks, Amyd. I don't know about being missed, but I do know I'll miss being here. I'll try with all my might to get here on occasion.

Photobucket

Come join me

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:10pm

Aw, Gypsy, you caused a lump to form in my throat when I read this post. It does hurt to be leaving, but a person's gotta do what they gotta do. :( I've been biding my time for a few years and it's finally catching up to me. However, I've enjoyed perhaps 10 more years without the recommended surgery from the get-go. I have no regrets. Thank you for the praise. You and I have been across iVillage for a long while and I've appreciated your friendship. I hope I see more of you. Take care.

Hugs, Geri

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 6:13pm

Hi Geri. My computer crashed and we had to get a new one, so I'm catching up. It was with sadness that I find you leaving Heart Health. But as you said.