Eating Chocolate May Help Your Heart!

iVillage Member
Eating Chocolate May Help Your Heart!
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 1:39pm
The Easter Bunny might lower your chances of having a heart problem. According to a new study, small doses of chocolate every day could decrease your risk of having a heart attack or stroke by nearly 40 percent.

German researchers followed nearly 20,000 people over eight years, sending them several questionnaires about their diet and exercise habits.

They found people who had an average of six grams of chocolate per day — or about one square of a chocolate bar — had a 39 percent lower risk of either a heart attack or stroke. The study is scheduled to be published Wednesday in the European Heart Journal.

Read more.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 3:59pm
The equivalent of ONE SQUARE of chocolate a day? Who the heck can eat only that small teensy weensy amount? ROFL! YIKES! :O So not me! I don't eat it at all, except sparingly, like to enjoy for a special holiday. No way on a daily basis. Not for this chocolate lover...I wonder about some of these so-called scientific studies. With obesity rampant in our country, and heart disease? Clogged vessels? High cholesterol?! I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh at the insanity of these kinds of studies sometimes. :D

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.