Heart Attack: Do you know your facts?

iVillage Member
Heart Attack: Do you know your facts?
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 11:26am

During a heart attack, women are less likely than men to feel severe chest pain typically associated with a heart attack (such as a tightening of the chest) and are more likely to report a feeling of severe heartburn in the upper abdomen or pain in the breast.

Here is a list of

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 2:58pm
I was thinking of you when I posted the article and how you did not experience any symptoms at all.

Community Leader
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 1:27pm
One thing I experienced was perspiration on my upper lip...I did have "Chest Pain".
I can remember telling my family doctor that something was not quite right.
My cholesterol was high, he put me on medication for that and about a month maybe six weeks later I ended up in the ER.
Always felt like something was up with my blood-pressure.
Last two visits it's up and so probably they are going to increase the dosage of my blood-pressure medication.
I felt like I needed and should go to the hospital...listening to my gut instincts was why I went to the hospital.
Even if it seems silly or whatever when in doubt "Go"!
I am so very glad I did...
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 1:53pm
I'm glad you did as well!

Community Leader
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 5:27pm

I told my doctor just the OTHER day I thought it was up...same at my heart guy's...sure enough it's up.

I can remember a time when they would take it twice...now you are lucky if they do it even once...I ask for him to now.

The time before my LAST visit he said I better check it.

To me it's "Preventative" Medicine...you might catch something and if someone already has a problem you might stop it from becoming bigger or even "deadly".

As women we need to be "Pro-active" about our health...there is still that "Little Woman" syndrome when it comes to some doctors who think we are unfortunately not too bright.

I knew my blood-pressure was high and was ignored...then accidentally it came out that my cholesterol was through the roof...Oops!

I ended up in the ER with chest pains and it was scary...My ex-fiance' was actually asked to leave and told he couldn't stay...Love them at the hospital.

Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 11:06am

Wow!

Community Leader
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 2:48pm

Yes...:(

<3

Nightangel
Nightangel

Pages