Abnormal ♥ Rythm Linked to Alzh...

iVillage Member
Abnormal ♥ Rythm Linked to Alzh...
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 4:46pm
People with atrial fibrillation, a form of abnormal heart rhythm, are more likely than others to develop dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, a new study finds.

The presence of atrial fibrillation also predicted higher death rates in dementia patients, especially among younger patients in the group studied, meaning under the age of 70.

"This leaves us with the finding that atrial fibrillation, independent of everything else, is a risk factor ," said Dr. Gary Kennedy, director of geriatric psychiatry at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City. "This is adding one more brick in the road toward understanding that cardiovascular disease is a major risk factor for dementia."

Read more: Cardiovascular disease appears to be a major risk factor for dementia.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 1:33pm

I need help.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 11:20am

I have hypoglycemic issues as well sometimes, and find it works best for me to eat every 3-5 hours during the day to keep my blood sugar from getting too low.

You might ask your questions about the diet on our Stomach, Digestive & Bowel Disorders board.