Resuming Sex After Heart Attack

iVillage Member
Resuming Sex After Heart Attack
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 11:07am

"What we found is that the majority of people who have heart attacks are sexually active after the heart attack," Lindau said. "This is something we haven't had great data about."

One year after the heart attack, more than two-thirds of the men and about 40 percent of the women reported some sexual activity. More of the men (38.8 percent) than of the women (17.5 percent) said they had discussed sex with a doctor during that year.

Read more.

Have you spoken about this with your doctor?

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 11:47am
Two months after surgery, at my "farewell" appt. with my heart surgeon, I covered this topic, along with freeing me to drive, walk my own dog (which I started before his approval, LOL!), and basically a return to normal life. The doc was younger than DH & I, and seemed a little embarrassed but took it in stride. LOLOL! :D I would be surprised if a doctor didn't cover this topic when discussing recovery and "return to normal activities." Whenever I've had surgeries, when to safely return to sexual relations was always covered, generally. Otherwise, especially with heart issues and incidents, it would be easy to be afraid, you know?

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.