If you could change one thing...

iVillage Member
If you could change one thing...
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 6:30am
If you could change one thing...what would it be?
I would have taken better care of myself.
I am doing it now because I want to be around for the Long-Haul.
Used to say for my kids...dd and ds but I want/need to be here for me.
What would you change?
<3
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 1:23pm

"Now I look back and really get upset with myself. It's hard undoing what's been done."

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 1:16pm

"I guess that struggle will never end for me. :("

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 11:22pm

I second that. I would have taken better care of myself by getting more exercise, Not gaining weight and watched what I ate instead of just thinking about how good it tasted....LOL Now I look back and really get upset with myself. It's hard undoing what's been done.

Rhonda in CA

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 12:54pm
I would also have taken better care of my health, decades earlier. :) But, who knew, right? 35 years ago it was awesome women had birth control pills to give them more reproductive options and control, but no one knew the lethal health connections when combined with smoking, or risks to women over 35. :O So much of our "programming" and attitudes toward exercise or diet are set in childhood, by culture, family habits and attitudes, emotional connections we develop to food, etc. Wish I'd understood that decades ago! :-\ Now, post surgery, I want to live strong and healthy as I can. I want to enjoy what living I have left. :) And I have to struggle every day not to return to old attitudes and connections to unhealthy foods & diet, or find excuses and rationalizations to not walk. Even knowing what I know now, post surgery, and with the excellent tools of WW and drastic (for me) lifestyle changes, every bit of food I want to put in my mouth, or order at restaurants or want take-out, or a craving I may get, is an occasion for trying to keep to healthy choices ... or backslide. I guess that struggle will never end for me. :(

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.