~Roll Call~...Is Anybody Out There?

iVillage Member
~Roll Call~...Is Anybody Out There?
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 4:16pm

Just wondering if your a regular if you would pop in and say hello, if you are new or are a Lurker please STOP by...it's kind of "LONELY" here right now.

<3

Maybe just let us know how you are doing?

Finding the humidity is really getting to me...:(

Cannot wait for the Fall/Winter...can't believe I am even saying that!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 12:34am

Hi nightangel. I'm a regular, checking in....lol

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 11:13am
Rhonda, thank-you so much for checking in!
Help me Rhonda...help help me Rhonda!...;)...lol...
Thank-goodness some one took the time and made the effort!
I will check into that for you, not too good at all this myself either.
I take my medication, try to eat right, exercise as much as possible with the RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), and I am also dealing with Psoriasis (on my feet) which doesn't help.
I did the stress test and had an Asthma attack but it wasn't really too bad, my heart guy and the tech, she was a really nice woman.
He told me and so did she not to worry, if at any time I wanted/needed to stop I could.
I had an echo-cardiogram the same day before the stress test.
My sister had to have one to but it the one where you aren't on the tread-mill.
Sounds like things are good Rhonda, sending you positive thoughts and vibes g/f...it will ALL be okay.
<3
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 9:26am
I am new/a lurker. I am waiting for my cardiologist appt & ECG on Aug 20th. I have hypertension- diagnosed at the grand old age of 20 years and 1 month old. I am currently on amlopidine 5mg, although my bp is not still normal, it has come down. It's still over 80(the bottom number). My sister has borderline hypertension but the levels are getting higher every time it gets checked, she is not on medication, but has a cardio and ECG on the same day as myself. My GP mentioned something about my thyroid being up or something, any idea what this means?
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 9:39am

I decided to Google it and found this Link below.
There seems to be a connection between the two of them.
A higher percentage have hyperthyroidism over hypothyroidism.
This is of interest to me because I mentioned my Mom had an issue with her thyroid to my doctor. I am pretty sure both my younger sister and I had our thyroid checked out because of our issues.

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-666733/Thyroid-dysfunction-and-hypertension-what.html

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 9:42am
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 9:48am
Thank you, it was interesting to read.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 11:21am
You are very Welcome!
Please let us know how you and your sister are doing.