Nuclear Cardiolyte Stress Test

iVillage Member
Nuclear Cardiolyte Stress Test
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 8:16pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Nicole, I am 34 and have been with ivillage for years but don't have time to be here as much as I want to.I have a question and a concern kinda tied into one so if anyone has any ideas, please respond. Thank you.

Has anyone heard of this kind of test? I'm having the second part of this test done tomorrow morning and should have my results in about 2-3wks. I had an Echo done earlier in the month and apparently the results weren't good. I have noticed something really weird and I'm not sure why it happens. I suffer from EXTREME fatigue and I JUST noticed tonight that all of a sudden, once I ate dinner, I was more awake. And I have no answer for this.

I believe that part of the reason why I have been so fatigued is partly of my obstructive sleep apnea but also because the blood flow to my heart is either blocked or my heart has become really weak. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse already so we know that my heart already doesn't get all the oxygen rich blood it needs, so the question is...what next?

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:42pm
I think so...
She felt bad and was probably concerned to.
I ended up having an Asthma Attack on the treadmill but he seemed happy I did it although I did tell him my feet were very sore.
...She does Belly Dancing as part of her exercise routine.
Also she was telling me there are different types of yoga to.
Doing exercises in the water say an Aqua Fit Class might help to.
I got some information from the Arthritis Society to.
It's best to get the okay though from your doctor.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 5:30pm

Hi nightangel. Yes I've done the stress test twice before. I just feel bad that i'm so out of shape. I probably won't be on the treadmill long...LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 3:58pm
How did the test go Nicole, have you gotten your results or are you still waiting on them?

amy010209d.jpg picture by cmamyd

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 12:36pm
Have you had this test before Rhonda?
I did my echo-cardiogram and stress test together, on the same day at my local hospital.
My sister had to do the stress test where you don't actually do the tread-mill but they simulate it using medication I think.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 11:17pm

Hi nicole. The word Cardiolyte throws me because I never ask enough questions at the Dr's. LOL. But I think it is the name of the dye that they put in your veins during the treadmill stress test. They will do like a ct scan first, then have you do time on a treadmill. Once you are at the heart rate that they want, then they will inject the dye, have you walk a little more on the treadmill and then another scan. I'm scheduled for one this coming Thursday. I'll have to remember and ask what the name of the dye is...LOL.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Rhonda in CA