To Jed1104

iVillage Member
To Jed1104
Mon, 09-05-2005 - 2:36pm

I think having gastric bypass is a good option for you right now. With so much going on with you medically it does hinder your weight loss. I had gastric bypass 2 years ago so if you have any questions feel free to ask away. It's normal to be scared, but think about what you are doing for yourself and your health in the long run. I'm not saying that there aren't risks, but what's the risks if you don't do something about your weight? I don't know if you have done much research or anything, but a great site is www.obesity.com, they have a lot of info and you can check out docs and get help w/ insurance issues and stuff. By the way, what type of procedure are you having?

Becky

iVillage Member
In reply to: nrs_grl2005
Thu, 09-08-2005 - 12:18am
Becky,
Thank you for answering back. I don't know what type I am having? I don't know why there are different procedures and what those differences are. What type did you have? Who makes that decision which one to have ? I went to check out the website you told me to check www.obesity.com amd it is gone. They say unable to find site has moved. I tried some others but I was unable to find one that talked about surgery options. If you get a chance I would love to hear about your surgery. I have no idea about any of this but I need to do something.
Thank you,
Janet
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2005 - 10:24am

Janet,

I'm sorry. The correct link is www.obesityhelp.com. check it out. You can check out docs and psychs, and you can get a lot of questions answered there. If you have any questions for me just let me know.

Becky

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2005 - 11:44am
Becky,
Thanks I got the site. Wow a lot to learn about. Which one did you have and how are you doing? Do you mind talking about it?
Janet
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2005 - 2:42pm

I don't mind at all. I had an open RNY (roux-en-y). I do have a midline abdominal scar. Many surgeons do it laproscopically now, so there is less scarring and less recovery time. I had my surgery 2 years ago and I've lost 160 lbs. I still need to lose about 60 more. I've never had any problems with the surgery. I went for my 2 year check up and my B12 was a little low, so I'm taking B12 supplements but that's it. Also just some emotional issues that has crept up after the weight loss, but I'm getting help for that.

Becky