~*~ Early Hallowe'en Friday Five ~*~

iVillage Member
~*~ Early Hallowe'en Friday Five ~*~
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 12:09pm

It's chilly and Octobery out there (that's a new word, by the way!), so now that Thanksgiving's dealt with, it's got me thinking about Hallowe'en. ;o)

1. Do you have children that will be needing costumes? Do you make or buy them?

2. Will you be dressing up for Hallowe'en? What as? (And what for? Party, work ...)

3. What kind of treats do you hand out?

4. Do you carve a pumpkin or use a fake one? Or none at all?

5. Do you roast the seeds from your pumpkin, or cook it when the night's over? (Not sure that's a good idea if you're using a real candle though - or if you carve it ahead of time!)

Bonus question: How many trick-or-treaters do you get at your door on average?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 3:10pm

1. Do you have children that will be needing costumes? Do you make or buy them? ** Yep, 5 of em..lol. I usually just buy them cheap at Wal-mart.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 3:48pm

1. Do you have children that will be needing costumes? Yes Do you make or buy them? Buy

2. Will you be dressing up for Hallowe'en? What as? (And what for? Party, work ...) No

3. What kind of treats do you hand out? This year I'm buying lollipops since I don't like them. Then I won't be tempted to eat any. In the past I've always bought MY favorites - Snickers, Peanut M&M's...

4. Do you carve a pumpkin or use a fake one? Or none at all? Carve

5. Do you roast the seeds from your pumpkin, or cook it when the night's over? (Not sure that's a good idea if you're using a real candle though - or if you carve it ahead of time!) Roast seeds

Bonus question: How many trick-or-treaters do you get at your door on average? Maybe 20 or so separate knocks on the door but usually big groups of kids so maybe 60-100 total trick-or-treaters

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 8:55am

1. Do you have children that will be needing costumes? Do you make or buy them? yes and I buy them

2. Will you be dressing up for Hallowe'en? What as? (And what for? Party, work ...) no, I don't think so, may sport a witches hat.....

3. What kind of treats do you hand out? this year we have kit kat, almond joy, snickers, reeses & maybe a few others, it was 2 mixed bags!

4. Do you carve a pumpkin or use a fake one? Or none at all? carve, paint & have fake ones too!

5. Do you roast the seeds from your pumpkin, or cook it when the night's over? (Not sure that's a good idea if you're using a real candle though - or if you carve it ahead of time!)I think this year I will roast them, my mom always did when we were kids...

Bonus question: How many trick-or-treaters do you get at your door on average? not sure, we are out with the kids, but I bring the candy with me & pass it out as we pass the kids in the neighborhood

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-22-2009 - 12:53pm

1. Do you have children that will be needing costumes? Do you make or buy them?

I have 5 kids that need costumes and I usually buy them.

Photobucket