Pedometers

iVillage Member
Pedometers
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 5:19pm
I have been trying to wear my pedometer and get in my 10,000 steps a day but on some of my pants, the waist gets large and it doesn't click when I step. Where is the best place to wear a pedometer and it be accurate? Can you put it on your shoe or is that very accurate? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_kenley
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 11:14pm

Ahh Karen, I am going through this too. What kind of pedometer do you have? I just got a new one that I really love so far(Omron) You can put this one in your shirt pocket or even your purse. I had gotten one from WW that I loved because it would give you how many activity points you earned too but I had the hardest time getting it to pick up my steps. I feel your frustration! I had the same thing happen to me w/ other pedometers, it would work well with some pants and not others. Not sure about putting it on your shoe, never tried that before!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 7:50pm

Hi Karen &

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 5:44pm
I had one, and had the same problems - I had to be really careful about where it was placed and check out the number of steps it counted as I walked across the kitchen before I headed outside to walk!

Photobucket