Question for Jenn

iVillage Member
Question for Jenn
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 4:59pm

Hi Jenn,

Since you are in Canada, maybe you can help me out. I have been looking for a history of Canada. I checked the History Book Club when I was a member there, Amazon.com and even tried Chapters.Indigo but couldn't find anything that sounded like a comprehensive history of your country. It has been a while since I looked but thought I would check with you and you could send me in the right direction. I have quite a few histories of European countries and have really enjoyed them. I have visited Ainsworth, Victoria and Vancouver and hope to get further east next time.

Ellen

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 9:20pm

Hi Ellen....I'm also from Canada and not quite sure what depth you want in history but the following books

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 10:02pm

Sandra,

Thank you. I will check it out. I was looking for something on the order of Simon Schama's A History of Britain.

Ellen

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-22-2009 - 12:53am

Hmm.. History of Canada.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-22-2009 - 12:30pm

Good morning, Jenn.

I usually deal with Amazon as well. Love their no shipping for over $25. I don't think I have ever had to pay shipping there. I have quite a few books on European history, especially Russia and the British Isles. I have enjoyed our trips to Canada and thought it would be interesting to find out more about the country. I saw the Dummies book on the site Sandra directed me to. I will check these out as well. I have always enjoyed reading these but, these last few years, can't seem to concentrate on much more than the light reading. Coping with teenagers, maybe?

Have a great day.

Ellen