iVillage Member
What Are You Reading March 29-April 4?
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 9:59pm

What is everyone reading this week?

Jenn

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 10:01pm

I went to the library again and picked up three books.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 10:07pm

thanks for starting the thread jenn. there have been so many crisis' it's not funny.

i'm still reading "new moon" by stephanie meyer.

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 10:18pm

Are you enjoying the "Twilight" series?

Jenn

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 11:06pm
I'm reading The Heart of the World by Ian Baker. He is a world traveler and works for "National Geographic." In this book he is in Tibet looking for a waterfall in an area called Beyul Pemako, which means "the hidden land shaped like a lotus." This is the place which may have been the basis for Shangri-La. This has been a very good book so far and it's making me pull out all my books on Tibetan Buddhism again.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 8:44am

yes, i am. i just wish i could sit and finish the book.

after the wedding tomorrow it will be much better. i think all that can go wrong has and it should be clear sailing now.

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 9:33am

About 2/3 finished with Fool Moon....Should finish it today...Then will either start Oscar Wao or Blood Bound...both are from the library and I will not be able to renew.....

Hugs, Ruth

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 10:10am

I still seem to be in the middle of three books- The Commoner, Mudbound and The White Tiger. I'm

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 10:35am

Hello!

Last week I finished The Great Derangement: A Terrifying True Story of War, Politics and Religion, by Matt Taibbi. It was really interesting and in some parts pretty hilarious. I actually teared up with laughter on the bus, much to some of the other passengers' chagrin. Don't agree with everything the author believes, but I think he makes some really good points about politics in the US and how some people have seemed to have lost their minds. It was written and published before the elections in November, so some of the information is already outdated. Still, it makes some points worth pondering about what we want out of our leaders and how we really do need to work together.

I also speed read The Temptation of the Night Jasmine, by Lauren Willig. I really have to say that I liked her first three books better, but it was still alright.

Then, to my extremely inappropriately disproportionate joy, four books in my hold queue came in at the library. I got going on those right away.

So, I'm almost done with Grave Goods, the third installment of the Mistress of the Art of Death series, by Ariana Franklin. I'm really enjoying it. I think the atmosphere is creepier than in the first two books (not that they didn't have creepy parts, but this book is creepier for most of the book as opposed to just in parts) and it's keeping me entranced.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 2:02am
I'm reading The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. Amazing that it happened over 60yrs ago.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 10:04am

I finished Mudbound last night which was very good and started Tears of the Desert by Halima Bashir. So far, I'm enjoying it.

Kathie

Kathie

Pages