What are you reading Aug 23- 29?

iVillage Member
What are you reading Aug 23- 29?
Sat, 08-22-2009 - 11:05pm

Hi everyone....Please share with us what you are reading this week, whether you are enjoying it and is this a new author for you?

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 8:59am
Good Morning....Read a small book called Phoebe a novella by Diane Noble....about a wooden doll and the full circle it made through the decades...It was good....Now reading Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan...Not too bad....Hugs, Ruth

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 1:27pm

I finished The Time Traveler's Wife last night. I loved it and I'm looking forward to reading her new novel. I'm about 1/2 way through The Shop On Blossom Street. So far, I'm not enjoying it as much as the others in the series. I'm finding the characters except for Lydia all rather whiny in this book. I have Songs For The Missing by Stewart O'Nan and Home Repair by Liz Rosenberg from the library to read so one of those should be next but I have a stack on my TBR stack that are calling to me.

Kathie

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 10:07pm

I reading" The Fixer Upper" by Mary K Andrews. I am really enjoying it and it is quite humorous.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 10:09pm

Hi Kathie....I'm so glad you enjoyed The Time Travelers Wife. Like you I am looking forward to her next book and if there are any similarities. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if you enjoyed it.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 10:12pm

Hi Ruth...Definitely had not heard of this book or author but I see the reviews on Amazon are very good and actually it sounds interesting. Will look forward to hearing if you enjoyed it once you are done. Thaks for sharing.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 11:21pm
Still reading More Than Friends by Barbara Delinsky,
So far am really liking it :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 12:10am

Struggling with an audio book that is kind of slow paced for me...

All Night Long

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 12:14pm

Hello!

So I finished The Rebel Princess, by Judith Koll Healey. I liked The Canterbury Papers better. This one has little action

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 12:54pm

Happy Monday Everyone!

I'm getting a late start on the day. Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching Nora Roberts' Tribute on TV. I haven't been up that late in years and years, but it was a good movie.

I devoured Death of a Gossip by M.C. Beaton yesterday. I've already posted my review on it. It was really good.

I am now reading Killings in Crediton by Michael Jecks. It is a medieval murder mystery. I think this one is the third one I've read. They start out slow, but I always get into them as I keep reading. I think I especially enjoy the descriptions of the medieval life-style of the common folk. We hear more about the aristocracy and warriors of the time in other books. These books deal more with the common population. The time period is after the massacre of the Knights Templar. One of the main characters is a knight who escaped persecution and returned to his family's estate to take over it's care, as his older brother has died. He is now Lord of the region, though he keeps to himself, unless he is called upon to help keep the peace or to help solve a murder.

I just want to also let you know I, too, am looking forward to the next book by the author of Time Traveler's Wife. That one and Dan Brown's Lost Symbol are both high on my TBR list.

Bev

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-24-2009 - 1:56pm

I brought thick books with me on vacation!

Pages