What are you reading Sept 13-19?

iVillage Member
What are you reading Sept 13-19?
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 10:19pm

Hi everyone.....another weekend is upon us and I hope you able to fit some relaxing and reading time into yours. Please tell us what you are reading and as a bonus question....If you could retire any where in the world where would it be and why? Looking forward to your answers. Happy reading.

Sandra

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 11:47am

I'm still reading First Family by David Baladacci. It's really good, as were all of the other books by him that I've read. I'm never disappointed with Baladacci.

The retirement question is really, really hard. I've done my share of traveling and I really would like to just keep on traveling full time for retirement. If I had to pick just one place, it would probably be a little village somewhere on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. That's been my first love for many, many years. I have found other favorites though, too....Connecticut, Michigan's upper peninsula, Las Cruces, New Mexico, Tombstone and Sedona, Arizona, the Hill Country of Texas, New Orleans, Louisianna. I think I'll just stick to our plan of purchasing a motorhome and traveling to where our fancy takes us and stay put until our fancy directs us to somewhere else. There is just too much to see and do to stay in one place. We stayed put all the while our kids were growing up so they would have a good childhood. Retirement is for DH and I to go out and play.

Bev

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 12:27am

I took a "break" from reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein when I picked up that young adult book, The Devouring, since it was a short book.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 10:05am

I had to stop reading Dragon House because 4

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 10:36am

I'm reading " Burn" by Linda Howard and am really enjoying it. I just started it yesterday but hope to finish it today. Since hubby and I are both off for 2 weeks I should be able to fit it in.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 2:41pm

Hello!

I'm finishing up The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. It's a really fantastic book. Next up is The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. I really enjoyed her debut novel, The House

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 6:04pm

Retirement is a long ways away for me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 11:05pm

Bev you have great ideas about retiring. Hubby and I have talked about the motorhome route as well.....definitely have not ruled it out. Checked out some links to a couple of places you mentioned....particularly the Olympic Peninsula in Washington and what a beautiful area that is. Thanks so much for sharing your dreams with me.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 11:09pm

Mari...how exciting to be planning a vacation to Europe. I have never been there but definitely want to go at some point. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Hope you will share photos with us. How long are you going with? Is there a reason you chose November? Thanks so much for sharing.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 11:11pm

Hi Jenn....I know it seems a ways off but life moves very fast. I agree there are many great areas of Canada to explore.....if you haven't been to Alberta and British Columbia you should definitely make that happen. Both these areas are so beautiful.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 10:57am

Hi Sandra!

I've been to Europe several times, but always to Spain (my husband is Spanish, so we see his family there). I'll definitely put pics up! My husband is taking his good camera, so I hope I have more than enough to chose from. We'll be there for three weeks. I get plenty of vacation days at work, but I've never used them all and I've lost more than two weeks since I started here. Even with this vacation, I might still lose six days this year. So, of course, I'm looking forward to getting away! :-D

We're going in November because that's when my best friend and her hubby and me and my hubby could get away. Everybody has family stuff or obligations and we thought this would be a great

Pages