#1 Fiction books since the year 1940

iVillage Member
#1 Fiction books since the year 1940
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 10:24pm

Ok I know many of us were not even alive in the 40's but this list lists all the best sellers right back to that era. Take a look and perhaps you may find something that interests you and as always of course do let us know if you select a book from any of these years to read. Thanks.

Sandra

http://www.hawes.com/no1_f_d.htm

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 11:34am

Thanks Sandra!

That was a great link! I've bookmarked it and will let you know when I read any of them. I've read quite a few and was surprised to see I saw a lot of the titles as movies. It's lists like these that make my mountain grow higher and higher. I'll never get them all read in this lifetime, but my TBR mountain sure makes life interesting.

Bev

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 3:27pm

That's a wonderful list. I had forgotten about many of them that I read or saw the movie version of ages ago. It was a nice reminder of some that I'd like to re-read and there were some that I've never heard of. I bought A Tree Grows in Brooklyn this summer after talking about it with a friend. She couldn't believe that I hadn't read it and I was surprised that she had never read To Kill a Mockingbird.

Kathie

Kathie