What are you reading Sept 20-26?

iVillage Member
What are you reading Sept 20-26?
Sat, 09-19-2009 - 11:15pm

Hi everyone....Ellen is resting up post vacation so I thought I would continue my duties and post this. So please everyone tell us what you are reading this week and as my bonus question....What is your favorite color and what in your home do you have in that color? Looking forward to your answers.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 12:32am
Hi Reading Jim Butcher's Death Mask...a Harry Dresden story.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 12:58am

thank you sandra for starting the thread, i wasn't sure if i was going to get here to start it but i could not sleep.

i started reading "scarpetta" at the airport yesterday while waiting for my hubby to get home. didn't get very far yet though, so don't have a good opinion.

my favorite color is green. the walls in my living room are a pale green, i have a sectional and recliners in a hunter green and a swag in a sage green in there too. there are also varying shades of green throughout other rooms in my house.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 1:02am

One of these days I'll finish Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 11:49am

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Cutting For Stone. It was a tough go in the begriming but I'm enjoying it now. Up next, I have Bread Alone and Galway Bay from the library and I'm also anxious to finish Dragon House which I had to put aside for the library books.

My favourite colour is blue. I have lots of blue. My duvet and bedroom curtains are blue. The bathroom is French blue and yellow, my couch is blue and I have blue and white Chinese pottery. I wish now that I had gone neutral for the sofa and just accented with blue, but I didn't. The cushions on my patio chairs are also blue and white. It's sounding like I'm in one big rut. I need to get new towels for the bathroom and

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 1:03pm

Hello!

I just finished The Forgotten Garden last night (at 3 am!). It was wonderful. Now I'm going to be picking up Very Valentine (I've been waiting three months on the library queue for my turn!# then The Elegance of the Hedgehog, then The Hemingses of Monticello. I love living in a state that has so much history. Say what you will about Virginia, but it's a fascinating state #commonwealth really, but who really cares#.

My favorite color...depends on for what. For instance, for clothes, my favorite is red. For the house, yellow and blue. My entire downstairs is a buttery light yellow and my bathrooms are blue. Kind of sad, but they match my dishes, which have yellow and blue and green. I use green and red for accents #not in the same items, as that looks too Christmasy no matter how light. Love Christmas, but for decoration year round it might be too much.)

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 4:41pm

I just finished up The Golden Valkyrie by Iris Johansen. Next is A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey. I've never read 2 romances in a row, but Valkyrie was due at the library tomorrow and Rogue is due back next Monday. They are two completely different styles of romance, so I should enjoy this next one, too. After that I have Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg. I can hardly wait to get to that one. Her books are so funny! That will finish off my library books and then hopefully I will start in on my own books. I got 6 boxes of books through freecycle.com and I've not read hardly any of them. Between what I've bought and these, I shouldn't have to go to the library all winter! Like that's going to happen. I've got to watch for the 3rd book in the Twilight series from the library as I'm on a list for that one. I figure I'll get it around Thanksgiving. Okay, I'm off to read!

Bev

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 4:57pm

OOOPS! I forgot to tell you my favorite color is blue, though I do like all colors. My bathroom is orange with white ceramic tiles on the bottom half of the wall. My towels and shower curtain are pale blue. I have a white lace curtain hung with the shower curtain. The main colors in my living room are a silvery green and butterscotch, but there are blue accents in the plaid couch and chair. I have a blue glider rocker the same shade as the accent blue of the plaid, too. Our second bedroom is a bright celery green but the bedding is navy blue and cream. When I redo the master bedroom I plan on painting it an almost not there shade of blue and my kitchen is a blue wallpaper that was here when we moved in. I'm really tired of it though and hope to redo that room soon, too. I wear a lot of blue...all different shades. The only room in the house that doesn't have blue in it one way or another is the computer room which is a pastel shade of purple and pearly white. I painted it to show my daughter what her bedroom would have looked like if she would have trusted me to decorate her room instead of the garish blue and yellow she insisted upon. I did this after she was married and e-mailed her the pictures. I had always hated her room. She never really was happy with it either, but was too stubborn to let me have a go at it. Kids! Sigh!

Bev

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 9:33am

I'm going on vacation to Toronto Wednesday to Sunday.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 10:55am

Hi Kathie....I really love the combination of blue and brown. Of course that's more a turquoise blue but the two look absolutely amazing together. Lots of accent colors go with as well. Take a look at the choices below.

Sandra

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 11:27am

Sandra,

I do love that combination. I was

Kathie

Pages