what are you reading april 25 - may 1

iVillage Member
what are you reading april 25 - may 1
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 10:09pm

can you believe that april is almost over? this year is really going by fast.

tell us what you are reading this week. anybody reading new authors?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 1:02am

I've been reading a bunch of new authors lately, but now I'm reading Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong, the next book in her Women of the Otherworld series.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 10:45am

I'm readin" Mrs. Miracle" by Debbie Macomber so definitely not a new author for me. Previous to this though I read" The Help" by

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 2:45pm

I haven't read any new authors in the last while. I just finished Game Over by Fern Michaels and there are abot 17 books in The Sisterhood series. I'm reading Holly Blues by Susan Wittig Albert which is also a seres. I picked up The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson at the bookstore yesterday. They ordered some copies from the UK so I'm doing a happy dance and trying not to start it until I finished my library books. I also came home from the bookstore with a few new to me authors- Latitudes of Melt by Joan Clark, Haunted Ground by Erin Hart and The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman.

Kathie

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 8:38pm

i'm still reading the summer hideaway by susan wiggs. haven't had much time to read since i got home.

haven't read a new author in a month or so. really need to try somebody new soon.

it's hard to believe that may starts on saturday. this year is really going by fast.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 1:16am
I'm reading Dracula: The Undead by Dacre Stoker, which is the sequel to Dracula. The author is the great grand-nephew of Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula. Mr. Stoker was at the South Carolina Book Festival in February and I got to hear him give a talk and he signed my copy of his book. He's a new author for me.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 7:22am

Good morning!

I'm finishing up A Touch of Dead, by Charlaine Harris. It's a collection of short stories on Sookie Stackhouse that, really, should be with the books! They explain a lot of in between stuff that left me a little confused when I read the books.

Up next is The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York, by Deborah Blum, or The Anarchist, by John Smolens. Both are new authors for me. I always keep an eye out for authors I haven't read before. It's one of the reasons my TBR pile is sky high!

-Mari

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 9:36am

Right now I'm reading The Winner by David Baldacci. I kind of went off of reading for a while, but I'm back at it once again. I do that every now and again.

I just looked at my list of books read for 2010 and according to it I haven't read since February, but I know that's not right because I read 3 books from the library that aren't recorded. I guess I've got to go to the reviews thread and see what they were and get them on my paper list. None of the authors were new. I've only read 3 new author's so far this year (Shannon Drake, Nancy Atherton and L.E. Bragg). I guess I'll have to shake things up a little this summer!

Bev

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 7:32am

Hello again!

So, Touch of Dead went a little more quickly than expected. So I started The Poisoner's Handbook last night during my commute home. Pretty interesting so far, but since it's nonfiction I know it's going to take me a little longer to read than most of the books I pick.

After that it'll probably be The Anarchist or The Museum of Innocence, by Orhan Pamuk. It's the second time Museum has come up on my holds list and I'd like to actually read it!

-Mari

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 3:35pm

You'll have to let me know about Dracula: The Undead when you're finished with it.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 3:37pm

I just finished reading Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong.

Pages