what are you reading may 6 - 12

iVillage Member
what are you reading may 6 - 12
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 3:19pm

i know i am posting this a day early, but in the morning i have to get not only myself but my grandson ready for church. just not sure if i will have time to post before we leave.

this is the first full week of june, tell us what you are reading and if you are enjoying it.

do you tend to read summer themed books during the summer months?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 12:26am

I finished The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb this morning, and now I'm reading a quick YA novel called Thirteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 10:29am

I finished The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch yesterday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:43am

I'm reading Trial By Fire by J.A. Jance and Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda is my carry around read. I'm enjoying both of them.

i don't think that my reading changes much during the summer.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 1:59pm

Hello there!

Finishing up The Creation of Eve, by Lynn Cullen. I'll probably start Murder in the Bastille tomorrow. I have some other books I checked out, but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for them right now.

-Mari

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 6:26pm

i read "the back up plan" by sherryl woods over the weekend. now i'm reading "flirting with disaster"

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 10:05am

I finished Trial By Fire by J.A. Jance last night and quite enjoyed it. I'll start The Quiche Of Death by M.C. Beaton tonight. It's the first book in her Agatha Raisin series and for some reason I've never read one and there must be at least 20 in the series.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 4:35pm

I'm sure you mean June, not May!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 5:29pm

Hi Ellen!

This past weekend I finished up Jane and the Wandering Eye by Stephanie Barron, breezed through a romance - Society Bride by Elizabeth Bevarly, and today finished The Cat Who Tailed a Thief by Lilian Jackson Braun.

I read the same things I always read all summer....anything I can get my hands on. I've got 3 more books from home to read and then I can go to the library for some newer titles. That is my summer plan because I've got too many books here at home languishing on my shelves unread.

Bev

P.S. I almost forgot! Next I'm going to try Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. (Never finished The Winner by David Baldacci. I just couldn't get into it, so it's back on the shelf to try again another time.)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 6:54pm

I finished The Quiche Of Death which is the first book in M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series. I've just started the second one in the series, The Vicious Vet. I think that I've gotten sucked into reading another cozy mystery series. In the beginning Agatha isn't a very likable character but by the end of the book she had grown on me and I loved the charm and descriptions of the Cotswolds.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 9:06am

Hi Kathie!

I'm glad you are enjoying them. I've only read the first 3, but each is as good as the next. Her other cozy mystery series is the Hamish MacBeth series. I got to know him by watching the TV series on PBS and decided to try the books. Those are just as enjoyable as Agatha's.

I fell in love with cozy mysteries when I was a kid. I've read the majority of Agatha Christie's mysteries. I just love when I find more of them. I also read the China Bayles mysteries by Susan Wittig Albert and Stephanie Barron's Jane Austin mysteries.

I could just read this type of book and nothing else, but I make myself read other types, too. I always enjoy the others, but after a couple, I find I need a cozy mystery fix. LOL!!

Bev

Pages