what are you reading june 20 - 26

iVillage Member
what are you reading june 20 - 26
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 4:06am

one more full week in this month and then the year is officially half over.

so, tell us what's up for you this week.

are you reading more books so far this year than you did last?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 7:12am

I think I've read

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 12:48pm

I think that I'm a bit behind where I was last year at this time.

I'm going to finish Secret Daughter today. It seems like I've been carrying it around forever because I haven't done a lot of commute reading.

After I finish SD, I'm going to start The Taken by Inger Ash Wolfe. I requested it from the library and just realized that it's the 2nd in the series. I hope that it can be read as a stand alone. For my commute read, I going to take along The Perfection Of The Morning by Sharon Butala.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 8:10pm

i'm reading morning light by catherine anderson. it's the first of her books that i am reading. i like it a lot so have ordered more of her books.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 10:43pm

What did you think of Secret Daughter?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 10:54am

Jenn,

I got busy yesterday and didn't get it finished. So far, I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure if the writing is a bit choppy or if it just seems that way because it was my carrying around book for too long.

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 12:27pm

I just this morning finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. It's one I've had on my shelves for quite a while. It was a fantastic book set in our modern day age. It's a thriller dealing with computer security and privacy ethics. It was an amazing read that doesn't require you to be a computer whiz to understand. Anyone would enjoy it if you like mysteries or thrillers.

Now I'm on to The Two Marys by Sylvia Browne. This is one I got from the bargain shelves at Barnes and Nobel the last time I got to go on a book spree, which was eons ago.

Then one more book from my shelves and I get to go to the library again! YAY!!!

I've read a lot less this year than last year. I've only read 15 books this year. I had read 15 by April last year. Luckily I know exactly why I've read less this year and it's for the good, so I'm extremely happy that I'm not hiding from real life inside a book.

Bev

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 12:48pm

Hello!

Still working through We Two: Victoria and Albert. It's interesting, but slow, and I'm not really liking Albert very much. After that I'm reading Murder in Clichy and Murder in Montmatre. I won't have time to read the book on Da Vinci, Machiavelli, and Cesare Borgia. Will have to put it back on hold.

I got Samantha Bee's book from the library yesterday (I Know I am, But What are You?). Looks like it's going to be pretty funny!

-Mari

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 2:15pm

Well, my knee bent backwards early Monday morning at work, so I can't do my usual walking and gymming.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 5:03pm

This week I'm been reading "The Brass Verdict" by Michael Connely.

Boys will Be Boys