what are you reading july 18 - 24

iVillage Member
what are you reading july 18 - 24
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 9:02pm

the start of another week of reading.

tell us what's on tap for you this week.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 1:34am

I have a lot of time on my hands thanks to my regular work schedule, and especially now that I'm just getting back to walking and still can't do everything I used to do.

I'm in somewhat of a reading funk.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 8:10am

Good Morning, Ellen!

This past week I finished The Two Marys: The Hidden History of the Mother and Wife of Jesus by Sylvia Browne. This one was different for sure. I needed something to think about and question and this one certainly did the trick. That's one of the reasons I love to read Sylvia Browne's books.

I also read "I Remember Laura": Laura Ingalls Wilder by Stephen Hines. This was a really nice book of remembrances by family, friends and neighbors. It was a glimpse of her adult life and was very enjoyable.

I've started (just started) A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet. I'm already chuckling, so I think I will thoroughly enjoy this one, but I've set it aside because my hubby bought me the paperback of Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich. I just can't leave it to languish on the shelf, so that one is being read first. (I haven't read Fearless Fourteen yet, but it shouldn't make much difference. They are only very loosely tied together.)

This week I'm sending a package of newborn clothes to my DD and I'm getting a few things together to send for my SIL's first mail drop. He's at sea with the Navy until September. I've also finally found a pair of walking shoes, so I'm hoping to get out to do some walking. It doesn't look promising though with high temperatures and thunderstorms forecast all week. I'm so sick of staying in the house, I could scream! I can't take the heat we've been having though. I get out first thing in the morning and take care of my bird feeding stations and maybe do a little deadheading in the garden. The humidity just wipes me out.

I wish I could travel more. I love to be on the road! I could use a little more time to read, too. So many books, so little time.

By the way, thank you for sharing the picture of little Rose Ellen. She sure is a cutie!

Bev

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 8:30am

morning bev,

we sent pictures for ds's half way box. this is the first time he has actually emailed us. usually he just emails the kids and ddil. i was sure surprised to see it. lol

i'm taking a couple of outfits for rose ellen when we see her and her family in sept. can't wait for that one either.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 8:32am

i'm reading "sweet nothings" by catherine anderson.

i wish i had more time to just sit and watch a movie. there always is so much to do around here when i'm home that i can't seem to find the time to just enjoy a movie.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 9:59am

Good morning. I am currently reading " An Ideal Wife" by Gemma Townley. It's a fun read.

I wish I had more time to just relax and do nothing. Since I started in my educator position a few years ago I have been so busy. In order to keep on top of things I need to do lots of prep work at home. There are days I miss just being a regular nurse and when your shift ends your work is done.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 1:19pm

I should finish Wanna Get Lucky? by Deborah Coonts today or tomorrow. Up next is Girl In Translation by Jean Kwok.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 10:04pm

Just finished Lisa Jackson's Whispers, which I've had on my shelf for a few years {{blush}}

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 11:34pm

Well I had a nice reading day today and finished my book so now I have started "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" by Rhoda Janzen.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 2:17pm

Hello!

I'm finishing up Murder in the Rue de Paradis today and starting Murder in the Latin Quarter and after that Murder in the Palais Royal. I think I will actually be all caught up with the Aimee Leduc detective series before they books are due.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 7:53pm
I am reading The Giver by Lois Lowry....It is a YA book and I am loving it...Really makes you think!

Pages