What are you readingweek of Aug 15-21?

iVillage Member
What are you readingweek of Aug 15-21?
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 10:35am

Good morning everyone. Ellen is away and since it looks like I'm the first one here today I decided to post this thread.

Bonus question: Of your favorite

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 10:41am

I am currently reading " Summer Rain" by Lisa Jackson.

Authors I look forward to and generally reserve the next books of include Nora Roberts, Stuart Woods, Sophie Kinsella, Janet Evanovich, Sandra Brown, Fern Michaels, Debbie Macomber, Nicholas Sparks, Lisa Kleypas and Danielle Steel. There are probably more but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 2:31pm
I'm reading a historical novel by Norah Lofts called Silver Nutmeg. It's been really good so far.

As for my favorite authors, the ones I look forward to the most are Jim Butcher and Jacqueline Carey, since they are writing series that I love, so I always look forward to the next book in the series.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 9:31pm

Just finished reading Janet Evanovich's Finger Lickin' Fifteen - always a fun read - and Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. I couldn't put this one down. Very sad but riveting. It is about a family of French Jews in the 1942 and a journalist in 2002 who is researching what happened to them and gets caught up in the story. At work I am reading The Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.

In between lighter reading, I am reading The Fatal Shore by Robert Hughes. It chronicles the settlement of Australia by the convicts
deported from England and Ireland.

I will be starting Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende tonight.

Pat Conroy has become one of my favorite authors so I watch for his books - just finished South of Broad. Others are Patricia Cornwell, Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series and Richard Russo, just to name a few.

Ellen

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 6:09am

I'm reading 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 12:15pm

Hello there!

I'm reading two books now, since I forgot one at work on Friday that I had started that morning and I picked up another one for the commute in today. They are The Stormchasers, by Jenna Blum, and The Hand That First Held Mine, by Maggie O'Farrell. I'm only about 40 pages in on both.

Lately, I've been looking forward to reading the newest books in a series, like the Sookie Stackhouse books or the Mistress of the Art of Death series. Oh and the Flavie de Luce series or the Aimee Leduc detective series. :-)

-Mari

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 3:42pm

I haven't gotten much reading done while I'm on vacation. I'm still reading The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny.

I always look forward to new books from Deborah Crombie, Faye Kellerman, Janet Evanovich, Louise Penny, and Fern Michaels (Sisterhood series). I know that there are also a few books coming out in the fall that I'm anxious to read. Ken Follett has a new trilogy starting and Tatiana de Rosnay have new books coming out.

Kathie

Photobucket

Kathie

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 12:54pm

Started "Fly Away Home" by Jennifer Weiner, appears to be a good & fast read.

Take care.  God bless u & yours,

Joan

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 6:48pm

Hi Joan.....I thought " The Search" was excellent as well. I read it very quickly as I couldn't put it down.

"Fly Away Home" is on my TBR list so hopefully will get to it soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Sandra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 11:53am

I am currently reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon.