Hello

iVillage Member
Hello
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 1:23pm

Just stopping by to say hi...HEY POPPY!

I have gone through the worst five weeks of my life, after what I thought were the worst 4 years! And I could use some guidance in finding my "best life". So when I was browsing through the boards, this one caught my eye and I decided to stop by.

I've been instructed by my tdocs many times to learn meditation. I've never been able to quiet my mind long enough to do so. I now am able (i think) to do so, but I have no idea what I am doing. :)

I am quite spiritual, but have lost faith in many things. I want and need desperately to find my way back to something. I just don't know what that something is.

Keli

iVillage Member
In reply to: keli003
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 3:44pm
Hi Keli and welcome to the board, it is great to meet you.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
In reply to: keli003
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 11:02pm

Hey there Keli!!!

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I'm so sorry you've just been through such a difficult time, but it seems that you've also taken some steps forward and that is g-r-e-a-t!

Judy has posted some very nice meditations in the Treasure Chest. What you can do is record them (be sure to speak slowly, and to give yourself some time to visualize the images and just enjoy them), and just play back and follow! And what's great is that you can take it with you anywhere, and just play it when you need to ground yourself. If you still find it difficult, try to get a guided imagery CD's or tapes. They have guided imageries for so many things now.

Sweets, I think you've mainly lost your faith in yourself - in your ability to overcome difficult times, in your ability to be happy, to be good at what you are good at, in who Keli is. It's all still there, in you, but over the years fears, worries, pain, illnesses, sadness, etc have covered these beautiful qualities that you have and hidden them away. It's time to uncover them, given them a shine and let the whole world see how maginificent you are. It's an exciting and rewarding adventure that you are about to embark upon, Keli.

Hugs and positive vibes,