Introductions at the Zen Bar

iVillage Member
Introductions at the Zen Bar
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 1:02am

The Zen Bar is the part of the board where there's a continual buffet full of yummy

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 1:22am

My name's Poppy and I live in Indonesia.

What makes me laugh these days are my nephew and our cat, Figs. Figs sometimes thinks he's a dog, and he'll follow me around like a little puppy, playing at my feet. Other times he thinks he's a human being. Most times, he thinks that my life purpose is to pet him continuously. He really doesn't understand why I don't do this non-stop 24/7.

My inspirations are ~ Helen Keller and her teacher/governess, Anne Sullivan.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 8:11am

Well, good morning! This certainly looks like a wonderful place and certainly something I could benefit from. I saw your invite on another board and thought I'd check it out.

My name is Trudy and I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. What makes me laugh are my kids. Especially the almost 3yo, she definately knows how to put a smile on my face :)

Looking forward to finding my best life here.

Trudy

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 10:48am
Hi, my name is Monica and I would love one of those pumpkin muffins, do you have any more? hehe. I live in Maryland. The sunshine in my life glows from my 4 year old daughter Rachel - she can always make laugh. My inspiration would have to be my grandmother who at 83 is still going strong, volunteers in many different organizations, and always has a smile.

Monica

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 3:32pm
There is something so special about kids and pets that make me laugh and smile when everything else can be so somber.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 3:36pm
Hi Trudy my northern neighbor, it is nice to meet you.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 3:47pm

My name is Judy and I am from eastern Pennsylvania.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 5:41pm

Hi Poppy,

I just found this new board, and decided to stop for a visit. I am Little (my DS has called me littlemom since he got to be as tall as me), and am in central Georgia, USA. I only visit these boards occasionally, as I do it either from my desk at lunch or after work, or from the local library. (No computer at home).

That pumpkin muffin sounds really good, as the after-work munchies are hitting.

Laughing - I'm working on that issue. For the time being, it is at bad jokes.

I'm working on finding myself and my best life, after leaving a 28 year marriage.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 5:46pm

• introduce yourselves: your name, where you are from, what makes you laugh and who you inspiration(s) is (are).

My name is Molly and I live in Simi Valley, CA.

Molly

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-08-2006 - 1:40am

Hi there, Trudy!

I was just thinking about Nova Scotia the other day, telling myself that one of these days I will have to go there.

Kids are so special, aren't they? I don't have any of my own, but my closest friends lend me their on a regular basis (or maybe they lend me to their kids???). There are days I think that hanging out with the kids, whilst can be physically exhausting (especially since they seem to have an in-built battery that just lasts and lasts and lasts), can be more fun than hanging out with certain adults.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-08-2006 - 1:57am

Hi Monica!

Your daughter has such smiling eyes :-)

I have lots of pumpkin muffins. I shall have to ask K for his recipe and share here one day. This kid really knows how to bake - a few weeks ago I sent him some scone recipes to try out heh heh heh. Apparently his scones are very good, too. Lat summer he decided to try two recipes for scones, to see which was best. The whole family came back with some weight gain.

Hoorah for your grandmother! She sounds very inspiring and she's at the forefront of a movement that life continues to be fulfilling, enriching and active long after the normal retirement age. Maybe her secret is that smile she always has?

Pages