Hi there!

iVillage Member
Hi there!
Mon, 06-12-2006 - 10:19am

Hi there everyone,

Someone (you know who you are lol) em'd me with the link over and so here I am, checkin it out, looks beautiful, ladies!

I have posted the link on the ED board --

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: jammin2bach
Mon, 06-12-2006 - 12:11pm

Hey there, my friend!

I'm so glad to see you here. Grab an armchair and make yourself comfortable. I've just put on Cassandra Wilson (she singing Time After Time right now, and her rendition of it is so beautiful I'm getting distracting).

Thanks so much for posting the link on your board :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-13-2006 - 5:23am
Diana I am so happy to see you and thanks for posting our link to your board.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-13-2006 - 9:42am

Hi Judy,

The sn just came to me one day, actually it was just "jamminbach" at first, and I think I joined again on another email account as I was having trouble creating a new sn

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-13-2006 - 9:20pm

You said you play, I am making an assumption that it is piano, did I assume correctly?

I agree with you that music is

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-14-2006 - 6:10am

I turn to the Preludes and Fugues whenever I need to get away. Years ago I'd play them, now I listen to a CD. Not quite the same thing, not quite the same satisfaction and delights, but there's just something about his music...

A few years ago I first heard the Matteus Passion. It was a difficult time in my life, to the point that I had temporarily resigned from the PTSD board in order to be able to cope. The Matteus Passion wasn't something that I sought - it sought me. It was Easter and I was visiting friends in Amsterdam. When my friend picked me up at our meeting place, he said that if I wanted we could go to the concert - friends of his had to go out of town and they had given him their tickets (they have a yearly subscription to the concert!). Never one to refuse free concert tickets, especially on a cold and windy day, we went.

To say that the music touched me is putting is mildly. I understood a lot of things that morning. I was reminded that I was loved and that I was in safe hands. That as long as I had faith, then all will eventually be fine. As soon as I remembered this, the sun broke through and sent a ray of sunshine down my way. It was one of the most magical and special moments in my life.

I still think that the Passion has to come with a warning that it will shake your emotions!