What is your purpose in life?

iVillage Member
What is your purpose in life?
Thu, 06-15-2006 - 5:51am

musher50 in another thread posted a comment about the purpose for being.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 11:16am
Wow!! That was beautiful, Poppy!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 11:22am
LOL!! Sorry... couldn't help the envy. Enjoy what you do retain. My brain retains relatively little I learn for very long, even if I AM interested. I am not sure if it doesn't retain it or it just is not available for immediate recall. Frustrating, whatever it is. Darn that menopause!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 11:26am

aurorajaade, you to girl, I agree with you and your intuition about Molly is right on target, I do know her and she is everything you said :)

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 2:15pm
Yes, that song says it all. And, I am not sure but I think it is or was one of the regular ones on Sesame Street. Maybe the next generation will be better about loving themselves. I think we are better than our mothers were. It is comforting to think we are improving and we are "getting better all the time".
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 6:20pm

Yes, I do know, Poppy, and thank you.

Molly

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 12:17am

Molly,

Thanks you very much, Molly. Judy and I have been incredibly lucky in that we've got such an interesting array of passionate people joining us here.

Molly, sometimes we're like the battered pieces of furniture that you find at the flea markets. Life will throw us unexpected curve balls, and suddenly we have a ding. Then there's a boomerang we didn't see coming back so soon, so fast and from that particular direction, and we get another dent. Sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves, or we don't have time to.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 2:04pm

Oh, Poppy, me too! They don't make furniture like the older pieces. I love the curves and high backs and the full, rich wood. I look at the matted, faded, maybe stained and tattered material and think could I figure out how to replace it, reupholster (excuse my spelling)?? But could I find material as beautiful, strong and durable as the one to be replaced?

I love that line Dustin Hoffman used in Good Will Hunting, when he told the story about his wife waking herself up with flatulence and said he loved her not in spite of that imperfection but BECAUSE of it.

It is our imperfections, our frailties which make us unique. It is our difficulties and hardships which teach us compassion, empathy and true caring. It is our damaged, vulnerable past and inner being which helps us to see the pain, heartache and need in others. It is what makes us REAL!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 12:37am
Molly thanks for the kind words to Poppy and me about what we do here, take a look at the number of posts, holy moly is this board hopping, I love it.

Judy

cl-ivhjude
Living with Cancer
Cancer: Friends & Family Support
Finding Your Best Life

"With understanding, fear diminishes;
in the

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 12:38am

Hi Poppy

Sorry it took me so long to come back!

What I meant to say was everyone has one life so make the most of it. I have been experiencing extreme stress setting up a new business so I had to step back and look at what was really important. For me it's the journey not the destination. I want to be healthy and fit while having a great relationship with my husband and kids but feel fulfilled in myself at the same time. It can be a tricky balancing act.

If we didn't have chances to fix our mistakes I'd be in a lot of trouble. I believe we all have the opportunity to live and learn and get the most out of life. Sometimes it means taking risks. Whether it's getting out of a unhealthy relationship or daring to do something you've always dreamed about.

xxx

Roxy Lee
www.three2seven.com - The Must-Have Life Accessory!
Roxy Lee www.three2seven.com - The Must-Have Life Accessory!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 12:47am

Hi Judy

Thanks for your message. I'm so new to the ivillage forum that it took me a minute to find where I was. :-)

It certainly is great to have everything you want. It's sort of a trick statement though. I have the right everything but not neccessarily the right balance. Setting up a new business while being sick was hell so it makes me realize what's really important. I'm in the fine tuning stage. :-)

xxx

Roxy Lee
www.three2seven.com - The Must-Have Life Accessory!
Roxy Lee www.three2seven.com - The Must-Have Life Accessory!

Pages