What Is Your Passion?

iVillage Member
What Is Your Passion?
Sun, 06-18-2006 - 6:46am
Everyone I know who is on the journey to finding their best life is passionate about something.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-18-2006 - 12:48pm

Some magic dust to gently float this thread back up...

It's my bed time right now; I'll answer tomorrow. I can't wait to read what your passions are!

Happy Sunday to all of you,

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-18-2006 - 4:42pm
One of my passions is music, it has such an effect on me, more than anything else I have experienced.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-18-2006 - 9:15pm

I have several passions -- one is watching people feel better. I absolutely love seeing someone feel good about themselves. Not the "fake it 'til you make it" stuff, but real to-the-core, "Hey! I'm a pretty neat person!" stuff. Little kids have it, but then life slaps us around a bit and we lose it. Watching someone find it again is just wonderful for me.

Second passion is computer programming. I'm not great at it -- it doesn't come easily to me -- but I sure get a kick out of trying.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 8:56am

My first passion is art. The arts, in all all its forms. Art is the media that the soul uses to express itself, and its language is universal.

I also love good and thoughtful design, especially when a useful object is also one of beauty, whether it's a canoe made by tribesmen in Papua, a Philippe Stark chair or a building.

I love stone, crystals, gems and jewellery. There used to be a time where I'd see them every time I'd close my eyes. I still do, but not as

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 2:19pm

My passion is cooking. So, at the age of 45, I enrolled in cooking school and I just graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Culinary Arts. I am now a Certified Culinarian by the American Culinary Federation. Right now I cook for family and friends but after I retire from my accounting career, I may become a personal chef (if I can still schlep around my pots & pans...LOL). And, even if I don't do anything with it, I learned so much from school that I'd gladly do it all again for the experience.

Yes, I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm extremely proud of myself for persevering to achieve this. I never went to college, but managed to work my way into a very lucrative career as an accountant so going to school (especially at age 45) was a big hurdle for me. I'm thinking that I may go back to school in the fall and finally get that accounting degree!

CC

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 6:09pm
My passion is taking something old and beat up and making it look new and beat up, i.e., I adore old rickety furniture that I can either get for free or very cheap and making it sturdy, refinishing it or painting it and oftentimes adding decorative touches.

Molly

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-19-2006 - 7:57pm
Well, as I said in another post, one of my goals is to find my passion.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 12:35am

One of these days I'd love to hear you sing :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 12:43am

Oh yes, I know what you mean. When I'm on a sensitive board and I see the proverbial lightbulb appear above someone's head, it's a great feeling because I know that they've crossed the barrier between victim and survivor. Little by little I can see the changes in their posts and it brings such warmth to my heart.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 12:54am

Woohoo CC! Way to go!

I have no doubt that you will be able to do whatever it is you set your mind to, whether it's getting that degree in accounting or embarking on a new career as a personal chef.

I love cooking, too. I once worked at the market in Florence, in a food store that friend owned. I worked there because they needed help with someone who speaks English and who could process FDA certification for

Pages