I need 10 minutes of your time

iVillage Member
I need 10 minutes of your time
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 2:11am

Let's try to do something together and see what comes out of it for each of us. In a post Diana mentionned taking 10 minutes of her time to do her flower arrangements.

So why don't we each take 10 minutes per day for the next 7 days, to do something

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-20-2006 - 1:40pm
I am. Not sure what my 10 minutes will be spent doing but maybe yoga... I have been wanting to get back to it but keep procrastinating.. I have some dvd tapes. I used to love the show yoga zone but then the producing station was purchased and the show disappeared in my area. It was so great. It used to be on 3 different times so if I didn't make the 7:30 a.m. show, procrastinated over the 9:30 a.m. viewing then I knew I
HAD to do the 10:30 one. Had to.. there was no choice or I would miss the euphoric feeling it brought. I also have Denise Austin's Fat Blasting video. So why aren't I doing yoga??!!
I think my treat so far has been visiting here with you all.
Or maybe pick up a painting project.. decorative and try to get back into it without a class... just for creativity. Or, start a knitting, crocheting project.
Nahh... yoga is best for making me feel good. That is where I will start. It works into my goal of being more scheduled, disciplined in my day. My to-do list.
Thank you Poppy!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 5:11pm

Okay, I procrastinated but finally did one of the yoga sessions, yeah!!! It is hard work doing your best at those poses. I had to do them without sound cuz I couldn't figure out how to get the sound for the dvd to work... :-{ But I did it!!
I substituted yard work this a.m... raking and watering so my arms did get a little work out today. What I won't do to put off and procrastinate!!

Hope some others join us. You'll be bored with only me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 8:38pm

Ten minutes of doing nothing!

That's what we did at the start of the mindbody challenge, I was in a pretty good swing with it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 9:17pm
OK I've decided to spend 10 min each afternoon doing absolutely nothing, closing out everything, no noise, no tv, no radio or music, no phone or puter, just silence.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-22-2006 - 10:45am
LOL!!! Sounds great to me. Nothing like God's gift of nature and beautiful sunshine to put your soul and spirit at peace. So rejuvenating!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-23-2006 - 10:50am

Sorry I've not been here at all - this week's schedule has really been off and I've had to play it by ear.

Let's see what I've done. On Tuesday and today I gave myself a nap and I'm feeling much better for it. Wednesday and Thursday, I sat down and watched some dvds. I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I've been rather antsy lately. I keep getting distracted (or rather, I keep on finding distractions). Ok, it's more than 10 minutes, but it was enjoyable!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-26-2006 - 3:20pm

hmmm... that sounds like me. I think mine is a form of procrastination. I know I need to do something, it is on the agenda and I purposely find other odds and ends to do before I can attack it head-on, if I do at all. Like when you know it is time to leave the house to do something and you find 10 things you just have to do before you leave.. none of them earthshattering or necessarily necessary. Some people say procrastination is a form of perfectionism but you put it off cuz you feel you can't meet your own expectations. I kind of believe that one, except about leaving the house.

Anyway, this weekend I kind of followed jammin's lead. I did pretty much nothing except what I posted on these boards (major big stuff for me). I sat and had some down time and watched old movies. It was the first time I ever saw Citizen Kane from just about the beginning to end. I'd seen the beginning and the end and it seemed so dark. If you watch it all you get more or a feel for why. I just watched AMC and started a crochet project. Talk about lazy!! It was great!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-26-2006 - 10:07pm

Great idea!

Carolyn Don't Count the Days Make the Days Count! By Sis
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-27-2006 - 2:39am
Woohoo there is something to be said for that down time in your jammies doing not much of anything but relaxing congratulations for taking time for yourself to slow down.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-27-2006 - 2:42am

''I get a strong sense of peace and grounding from visiting this board.

Judy

cl-ivhjude

Pages