Summer Party: Pool Talk

iVillage Member
Summer Party: Pool Talk
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 12:21pm

Did you know that we have a board pool to swim and laze in?

~ Do you always remember to put on a sunblock? Which SPF do you use?

~ Have you ever tried water aerobics?

~ Do you prefer swimming in pools or in the ocean?

~ Do you swim, waterski, surf, windsurf, sail, or practice anothe water sport?

~ How often do you buy a swimsuit? How many do you have?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-21-2006 - 8:32pm

Hello, yes, you will find me by the pool -- if it's sunny, I've got spf 50 for you!

There is also a shade tree by the pool, I have a spot under it, but it's a big tree, come join me if you want!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-22-2006 - 4:50pm

~ Do you always remember to put on a sunblock? Which SPF do you use?

I'm religious about the sunscreen now because I wasn't when I was younger so I have sun damage. I always use an SPF 45 and, when I'm at the beach, I have an umbrella to sit under. Even with all of that, I still get pretty dark in the summer...but I never burn.

Yes, with my mother. I don't swim in pools very often so it's not something I would take up regularly.

Definitely the ocean...I've lived at the beach all of my life...in FL, in SC, in CA, and in AL...even a couple of years on the coast in Turkey when I was little...I remember the sand was very dark...volcanic material much like some of the islands in the Caribbean. I prefer the warm calm waters of the Gulf for swimming and the Caribbean for snorkeling.

~ Do you swim, waterski, surf, windsurf, sail, or practice another water sport?

I used to waterski, kneeboard, and boogie board but I'm getting too old for those pursuits...my knees and back can't handle it any longer...LOL. These days I swim and snorkel. DH is a diver but I'm a bit too claustrophobic for that sport. I grew up sailing with my parents and hated every minute of it so if I'm boating, I prefer motors.

I buy at least one a year. I try to keep my supply to a minimum...I usually have about 4-5 that I wear through the year then get rid of the ones that I've worn out and get new ones. I spend a LOT of time in a bathing suit.

CC

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-23-2006 - 10:25am

~ Do you always remember to put on a sunblock?
Which SPF do you use? Yes, I always put something on. I usually grab whatever is on hand, but never lower than a 45 SPF.

No - it's something I'd like to do.

Pools. I almost drowned in the ocean, and I'm still nervous about swimming in there.

~ Do you swim, waterski, surf, windsurf, sail, or practice anothe water sport?
I used to swim twice a week at the very least but I've gotten out of the practice. I tried waterskiing and windsurfing as a teenager; these were definitely not my thing! I'd love to learn how to sail :-)

For the past few years, I only buy a swimsuit when the one I'm using has to be thrown out. I have to swimsuits right now, a shiny turquoise one-piece, and a red bikini. I used to have a black and white striped one-piece. This was not a good idea - I looked like a zebra when I got out of the suit.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-24-2006 - 1:28am

I always wear sunblock,spf of 45.
I love the summer,the heat does not
bother me.I go to the beach with dh
and sometimes with my girlfriend.The
ocean only sees my knees,b/c I too
had a scary experience when I was a
teen.The lifeguard had to come out
and get me,b/c I was pulled out too
far,and couldn't get back to shore.

I do not like pools,but I really do