A late monday

iVillage Member
A late monday
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 6:09am

Hello everyone....

I know I am a bit late for my weekly goals post but better late than never.....

What this post is all about is simply a reminder of what we all want to achieve and do...

Sometimes life passes through our fingers without us realising how much time have passed while we are postponing it from day to day to week after week....

So here's a wake up call for all of us...

What do you want to achieve this week? What goals have you kept in the back of your minds without acting on them~?

Let's tell each other what we want and what we would like to achieve this week.... Little goals, big goals... whatever tickles your fancy!!!!

Suffy

Photobucket 

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 1:12pm

Thanks for posting this, Suffy.

The good news: I *finally* finished cleaning out and reorganizing my wardrobe, and have put aside a whole suitcase full of clothes to be given away.

New goals:
* organize my books
* practice my dancing at least 15 minutes per day
* schedule a mammogram

Please visit these other great message boards:
Living with Hepatitis and Liver Disease

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 5:33pm

I have a few things that I am planning to accomplish this week:

1. Get all of my monthly bills paid.
2. Spend 20 hours studying (I'm working on my Bachelor's degree in Accounting)
3. Get between 6-8 hours of sleep on worknights. I've got myself into this silly routine where I'm up late with Rory and the kids (I let the kids stay up a little later during the summer), and by the time I wind down it's pretty late. I usually go to work on 3-4 hours sleep, and then I sleep in on the weekends. I want to break myself of this, and i think that this is the week to do it.
4. Get my nails filled.
5. Get my stitches out.

Sarah

My SignaturePhotobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2007 - 3:14am

Hi Sarah!

Long time no see. How have you been?

Good luck with changing your sleep schedule. I don't know how you do it. Four hours is my minimum, but I don't think I could manage with that if I have children to look after! Maybe you could ask your kids to tuck you in at 9 pm ;-)

I don't know why you have stitches, but I hope that you are recovering well.

Talk to you soon,

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2007 - 11:05am

I've been well....really busy. I haven't any time for myself lately, and I really really need some. i work in the ag industry, and we're super busy right now and will be well into October (we hope).

Let's see, what else can I tell you. Well, I decided to go back to University to get my bachlor's degree, and I've been working on that after work and on weekends. I don't remember if I mentioned on this board that my fiance and I bought the preschool in the town we live in, and we're turning it into a pizza parlour. It's been a fun project, but the timing is really off. We thought Rory would have lots of time in the summer, but as it turns out, the kids are pretty demanding on him. They are always bugging him to find them something to do, and he's having trouble concentrating. Anyway, we were hoping to open before school starts in September, but it looks like it might be closer to Halloween. i think that would be the best because in October my brother's fiance is going to give ME A NEPHEW! Whoo hoo! I honestly never thought my brother would have kids because he's 27 and his fiance is 38, and has two boys from her previous marriage. I love being Auntie to those boys, but something about seeing the little boy my brother made is making me very excited. So, they're in Toronto, and I'm in Saskatoon. It's a little bit of a drive but MAN is it beautiful in Northern Ontario. If you ever get a chance to drive through the Canadian Sheild, do it. You won't ever forget it....just don't hit any moose....LOL

The kids are doing awesome. Nic (11) went to summer camp, and Alyssa (6)is going to start her swimming lessons next week. Like I said, they're looking for stuff to do and are getting more and more bored. With the heat the way it has been for the last while, all they could really do was swim. it was an inferno in my house for two and a half weeks, and of course i don't have air conditioning. yuck.

I have stitches because I was helping Rory in the restaurant. I was helping him carry a deep fryer, and we bought new windows and had them leaning against the wall on an angle, and I put my foot right through one. I was cut 7 times, and had LOTS of stitches...and I have to get them out this week.

I missed this board.

sarah

My SignaturePhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2007 - 12:52am

Ouch! I hope that your foot is healing well. The accident sounds very painful.

You sound very busy, Sarah. Congratulations on going back to school! How many semesters more do you have until you receive your degree? And congratulations on turning the preschool into a pizzeria. Wow - that's a pretty big venture. I wish you and your fiance all the best and much success.

I understand about your excitement in regards to your brother's son. One of the pleasures I have is seeing how my brother has grown as a person since he's become a father. Then there's my nephew, who thinks that he ought to be the king who rules over us all lol.

I've never been to Northern Ontario. We lived in Montreal, so we stayed mainly in Quebec though we did make trips to Ontario. Maybe I will have to come visit my little brother one day soon ;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2007 - 10:51am

I need 33 credits, and each module is 3 or 4 credits. I've got a way to go yet, and because I'm working full-time, I'm thinking it might take me two or three years! But at least it's online and I can basically work at my own pace.

I am incredibly excited about the pizza restaurant. I have so many ideas! The one thing that I've felt over the years is that I have a hard time when my bosses make decisions that I don't understand or agree with. Now the only person I have to convince is Rory...and that's not too hard. A back rub usually does it...LOL

That's what I'm looking forward to...watching my brother become a man. Honestly he is so selfish that I never thought in a million years he would have kids. I already noticed a major change in him since he started to be a father figure in his fiance's boys' lives. It's a wonderful thing!

Sarah

My SignaturePhotobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2007 - 11:43am

Goals for the week:

• pay bills coming due (on Thursday)

• work out some type of budget for the next couple of months (vacation coming up)

• BUY YARN!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2007 - 5:35am

Waaaaah... I want to learn to crochet!

Where are you sending the books to?

Anxiety, Panic and Phobias

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2007 - 12:02pm

This is a book box - a collection of books (often themed) that get passed around to those who sign up.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2007 - 11:29pm
  • pay bills coming due - done!
  • work out some type of budget for the next couple of months (vacation coming up) - done!
  • finish current book - done!
  • ~Jackie

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Warming Families Volunteer,

Pages