Excited about Monday

iVillage Member
Excited about Monday
Mon, 08-13-2007 - 9:06pm

Hello everyone....

It's Monday again, so with a minor delay and a heart full of hope I ask...

What are your plans for this week? What do you want to achieve? Where do you plan to go?

Let's all work together towards living our best life ever and achieving our goals.

My goals this week are:

1-Start dieting and exercising.
2-Write every single day, or night for that matter.
3-Wake up early every morning. I want to greet the day in style.
4-Work harder on DD's nutrition as she is moving away from soft foods and wanting solids more which is causing her not to eat as much as she used to.

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2007 - 7:05am

Mum still in hospital, so am still taking care of her. I am also taking care of myself, making sure that I get enough sleep (I'm taking naps in the afternoon now).

Hey Suffy, what are your diet and exercise plans? I've got a friend who is growing organic vegetables, so I am getting veggies from her. It's also delivered to my house each week, which is great!

Please visit these other great message boards:
Living with Hepatitis and Liver Disease

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2007 - 10:40am

Poppy...

hope ur mother gets better soon and that u know to take care of urself through this whole situation.

I found a diet and exercise plan on a women's magazinie website which asked you to:
1-limit your fat intake to your calculated daily allowance.
2-have 9 servings of fruit and veg per day
3-have 3-6 servings of whole grains per day
4-have 3 servings of calcium rich food per day

The exrecise is my biggest problem though, I hate it !

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2007 - 11:20am

You can do it, Suffy!

I was listening to a radio podcast the other day, and a woman was saying ever since she stopped telling herself that she "had to do" something, and replacing it with a "I want to", she's been much better at accomplishing her goals.

One of my best friends has told me the same. For her, health issues are utmost as she has 3 children who depend on her including a little girl who came along way after her brothers were born. My friend's long-term goal is to stick around, in good health and independent, for as long as possible in order to be there for her family and see the kids grow up, become adults and have families of their own. Exercise for her is one of the components, so she decided which physical activities she likes because then she *wants* to do them instead of having to do them.

Have you thought differently about physical exercise? My friend above swims with her kids. Another friend bikes or walks everywhere. I walk, do belly dancing and will take the stairs instead of elevators when possible. Another friend is a serious gardener. A friend's sister-in-law take ballroom dancing classes, and another friend has started to go to salsa classes.

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health