Monday and finding your best life

iVillage Member
Monday and finding your best life
Mon, 08-20-2007 - 8:47pm

Hi everyone....

I am applying a different approach to our weekly thread this week.

Have you ever yearned and longed for a life makeover? Have youever watched one of these reality shows and said to yourself, I wanna have that/I wanna get that new life? If yes, AND I know a lot of us do, why don't you think about it in a different way? Why should we wait for Oprah or Dr Phil or Extreme Makeover to knock on our door? Let's start this week.

Consider yourself on a makeover show that extends for the duration of your life. Assess what needs to be changed in your life and choose one things at least, if not more, every week and work on it.

This week, think of what really needs attending to in ur life and deal with it.

What are the steps you are taking this week to makeover your life and yourself?

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2007 - 6:54am

Niiiiiice!

Ok, still doing the hospital thing so I'm out for this week as well. However, I want to continue to eat healthy and am now aiming to increase my veg and fruit intake.

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2007 - 11:47am

I don't watch the reality shows that deal with this, but yes, I've been in need of a life makeover for quite some time.

The trick for me is that enhancements and changes need to be incorporated slowly if they are going to last and become a "part of me."

My goal this week is to write 250 words each day. I have several articles I need to write, but can't do it all at one time. This will complete a long-term project I've been working on.

I'll get started on it... right after I work on wallpapering my hallway for 2 hours. I was going to do it this morning, but at the last minute, business obligations arose and I had to work this morning. Not sure how far I'll get with just two hours, but that's all I'm allotting for it today.

THEN, onto my writing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2007 - 10:58am
That's a great start, 250 words a day is a good goal and I think I will join you with that one.

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2007 - 1:45am

Hello,

I really like the thought of Life Makeovers...I even lead a group called Makeovers & More!

This last week my goal was to get more selfish with my time. I worked from home, instead of the office, for half a day this week and accomplished so much more than I would have in the office and a few personal things. This week I also decided on my next home improvement project, identified 4 contractors to get bids from, scheduled to meet with 3 of the contractors (1 did not return my call), and recieved the first bid today.

This next week my goal is to obtain 2 more bids, decide who to hire on Friday and schedule the work to be done. Put together the last two pieces of my new home office furniture. Cut down two large cedar bushes from my front yard and dispose of all. I am also taking a few days off from my day job to make significant progress on my own goals and obligations.

The home improvement work is a part of a larger goal I have set for myself: Make significant improvements to my home while building my savings account. These two pieces sound like they should be in conflict, but I like the combination. I think it will help me to tap into the power of attraction and intention.

Those are my goals, any other high achievers out there want to share their accomplishments from last week and goals for the coming week?

Now that you know what my goals are, keep me accountable...please!
~Jodi

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2007 - 9:13am

I am currently working my way through the steps in Anthony Robbins "Awaken the Giant Within" book as well as continuing to work the 7 Habits by Stephen Covey. Since I am in sales, my biggest goal is to improve my consistency with follow up and scheduling myself more consistently. I do pretty good at following up on leads and getting them their proposals or the information they ask for, but I kind of drop the ball after that, so I am actually spending this entire weekend setting up a different system for myself so that I have a daily list of 'who to call' and best times to call them.

My other goals are improving relationships with my kids and doing a better job with keeping the house cleaner.

I will post on Monday what my 'goals' for the week are, more specifically!

Thanks

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2007 - 10:18pm

WTG Roxi!

How did the weekend go?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2007 - 10:23pm

Last weekend, piece of cake! All I had to do was clean house! LOL Be sure you ask me that NEXT week, ok? teeheehee.. Thats if I survive it!