Anyone else using The Best Life diet?

iVillage Member
Anyone else using The Best Life diet?
Mon, 08-20-2007 - 10:14pm
By Bob Greene?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2007 - 7:03am

Welcome to the board, Kendra!

Is Bob Greene the guy who is on Oprah? I think I've read about his diet but I'm not using it. But congratulations on losing 10 pounds already. Way to go!

Regardless of what kind of diet we are on, we are bound to have a few setbacks here and there because our own lives go up and down. I think we have to be kind to ourselves and give ourselves some margin. For me, this would mean perhaps staying one more week on the phase that you were on instead of moving on the new phase, until AF has gone away, you've all settled down from your vacation and you are feeling better. That way you can start the new phase when you are feeling good again, and you won't be feeling that it's such a huge struggle to stay on the diet, which could later lead to giving up. The important thing is to stick with the diet, and surely staying on the previous phase for one more week wouldn't change much.

Could you tell us more about this Best Life diet? Are you counting calories?

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2007 - 4:08pm

Yes,

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2007 - 11:18am
It looks like you might be the only one doing the diet, but I hope that you will stay and share your journey with us! Most people here are doing different things as we each just have to find what works for us.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2007 - 11:20am

You're not the only one! I like what you did about his plan... its sort of a non-diet approach to losing weight. I don't want to be counting Points or calories for the rest of my life! I've joined his website... seems a bit lacking at the moment, but its got the basics to follow his plan (journal, food log, a few recipes, etc.).

I had started the plan in July, but didn't get past Phase One thanks to a whole lot of things (stresses... lol)

PandoraTymora.com now has message b

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2007 - 11:37am
Hi Tonya!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2007 - 3:26pm

Hello! Thank you for the welcome.

Life is calming down some... thankfully... and the focus is back to me and my health. No more parties to plan in a week's time or lawyers to deal with. Yay!

The pictures of the kittens are from about two weeks ago. Pandora is nearly 5 months old now and queen of the house. Tymora is just over a month and will be joining our little kingdom in October. I try to keep the latest pictures on my website

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 12:17am

Well, I don't know about the parties (which I love organizing but hate cleaning up after) but not having to see lawyers sounds like a good thing!

So you are a SIMS 2 player, too, huh? I used to play it quite a lot, but completely uninstalled it late last year. I've been thinking of installing it again, though. Have you visited the SIMS 2 group on iConnect?

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 10:46am

I love parties...
especially when my boyfrend does the cleaning up (hehe)... but thanks to a spat
among my family members I got the planning of a 70th surprise party sort of
dumped in my lap. I had a week to try to smooth over issues
between family members, buy all the supplies, make calls, and all the fun stuff
of a party. Despite everything, I think it
turned out well... we had fun and Grandma was
surprised.

I am a Sims 2
addict all over again. I had stopped playing for some time because I got
frustrated with all the time it took my laptop to load a lot. A new, faster
laptop meant the whole game got reinstalled. I have all the extensions and
add-ons, so it took about an hour to do, but it is a lot more fun with a
computer that can handle it! I'm back into it so much that i actually
pre-ordered the new Bon Voyage update. I've never pre-ordered a game before.
LOL!

I didn't know
about the group, but I'll have to check it out.

View My Website and Journal

I've got my very own dot com now... check it out!