Loving my life

iVillage Member
Loving my life
Fri, 08-24-2007 - 7:40pm

Hi everyone.....

I am not sure whether I am writing this for myself or as an inspiration for everyone else who may be on this path or have been there before...

For the best part of my life, I had been talking about living a life that lives up to my expectations, a life where I am as good as I can be, as accomipshed as I know I can be. Life has been hard on me, many deaths, many tribulations and hurdles along the way/ I am not making excuses, anything but. I realised at a later stage that these tribulations and trials will always and forever be present and never fade away. I can either live my life waiting for a break that God only knows when I would get, or just get on with it and love the life I have always been talking about.

No one can say that it is an wasy task. Never will anything worthwhile be easy. I am just sick and tired of settling for baked beans when I know I can have lobster!

So here it is, I am publishing this confession in a way to embarrass myself inrto avtually practicing what I preach and as I said above, to inspire someone who knows what I am talkin about.

So, who's with me?

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Sat, 08-25-2007 - 1:33pm

"Never will anything worthwhile be easy. I am just sick and tired of settling for baked beans when I know I can have lobster!"

Suffy, I LOVE that way of looking at life! Not that there's anything wrong with baked beans...but it's good to know that lobster is always an option.
:)

Jeanette

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2007 - 11:27am
I saw this today in a Debbie Ford newsletter:

Fear and resistance arise when you don't trust that where you are going is better than where you've been.What would you create right now if you knew you couldn't fail?Take one radical action step in an area of your life where you've been procrastinating, avoiding, or resisting. Go for it!

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2007 - 11:34am

Hi Poppy...

More than fear I think I am just resisting the constant voive within me that yellls, you need to do something with your life. A friend of mine once told me that it was due to the fact that all my life i was not considered good enough, that nothing I did was huge enough and so I learned to build this attitude that says: I might as well not do anything since nothing will ever be sufficient for recognition. I think in one way that is right and in another, I was also raised on very strict rules, and now I am rebelling by not following any rules, not even the ones I set for myself.

I already know what I want and what I would do if I win the lotto. I just lack the will power to do it. Does that make any sense?

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2007 - 11:37pm

Suffy,

I don't think you are lacking the willpower at all. Telling yourself that you are lacking the willpower looks like the manifestation of what you wrote: "I might as well not do anything since nothing will ever be sufficient for recognition." Do you think that perhaps you've also absorbed the message given to you all these year: You aren't good enough + You are not going to succeed = You are a loser. Maybe these are the beliefs about yourself that you are holding onto. It's not willpower that you are lacking - you probably have enough. It's these beliefs and your fears that are holding you down.

How do these resonate in you?

Also, from who are you looking for recognition? Who are you still trying to get the approval from in order to validate your own worth? Who have you given so much power in your life? What about recognition from yourself? Doesn't it all start from ourselves?

When people come to the PTSD board talking about their fears how people will react when they are told about the PTSD, I tell them that for the most part, those around us take their cues from us. If you recognize your own accomplishments and be proud of what you've achieved, if you are enthusiastic about what you are working on, people will pick up on this and go with *your* flow.

So my dear Suffy, what beliefs or fears are holding you back right now? How do you let go of these?

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health