Labor day plans?
Thu, 08-30-2007 - 10:06am
Any plans for Labor Day week-end?

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2007 - 7:13pm
Taking my dd to college Saturday and having a tough time dealing with this.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-01-2007 - 11:36am
I have a five day weekend. Thursday, I ran errands, spent time with my nephew, and dr appt. Friday, I fall clean my living room and dining room. Today, I'm fall cleaning my kitchen (just have stove & refrig left), bathroom & bedroom. Around 3p, I'm running (ok, I don't run; driving should be the word) to the library and going to see my nephew. Tomorrow, my parents and bro are coming to see me. They might spend the night, I'm not sure yet. Monday, I'm going to apply at Barnes & Noble for a pt postion. Then I'm going to relax and enjoy my last day off

Jenny

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 12:33am

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Everyone in the family is surely missing your eldest daughter right now, and I am sure that she is both missing you all terribly and excited about college at the same time. Good thing we now have IM, web cameras, cellphones and Skype!

My week-end was... sad. A friend of mine, who was 74, died. We are grateful that he isn't suffering anymore and that his death came quickly and without pain. He had had a stroke 6,5 years ago, and was confined to a wheelchair, dependent on carers for everything, his mind still very much very much active in a body that wasn't responding as before anymore. Before his stroke he was such an independent man who went everywhere by bus (which is a feat here, something that isn't easy at all), who loved his food and his wines and whiskey, who loved to party. He was also a much respected historian. There were ceremonies and prayers the whole week-end long, until late at night. He was cremated yesterday. It's still something that is very difficult to realize. I feel as thought I have dreamt it all...

Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 12:43am

Wow! It seems that you accomplished everything on your long Fall list! Congratulations, Jenny. You must be feeling great about that!

Did you have a good time with your family?

Good luck with the B&N application.

Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 1:01am

I am so sorry about your friend Poppy!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 1:13am

Thank you so much, Kim. You and your children are also in my thoughts.

You've got great kids, Kim. When does Alyssa come home during the next school break? Is it only for Thanksgiving or is there a short break in between?

Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 1:22am

Alyssa might be home in mid October but otherwise at Thanksgiving!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 8:02am

I got almost everything accomplished. I attached my list (everything is tan is finished). I really just want five more days actually to rest

My parents & bro didn't spend the night. Thank God (I have a small one bd apt). My dad & bro went to Cabela's (about 45 miles away) and left me with mom. We went to some stores and then came back to my apt. She fell asleep. I want to strangle my mom. I don't think she believes that I'm really am in pain. I was in so much pain Saturday that I didn't sleep well at all. Sunday I had so much pain between my left hip & knee that it was spasms.

I didn't get to Barnes & Noble. Actually, I forgot all about until now. Opps.

Jenny

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 8:57am

Wow Jenny, I am very much impressed by all that you got done. You really only have four things to do on your list, which isn't a lot.

I'm sorry that you are suffering from pain. I hope that you are feeling okay right now? Is this something that happens regularly?

Good luck with B&N!

Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health