Monday again

iVillage Member
Monday again
Mon, 09-03-2007 - 3:29pm

MARIAN WRIGHT EDELMAN:
We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.

I think the above quote summarizes all we need to say in this weekly post.

So, what small changes and goals are u implemening this week?

Suffy

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 1:08am

Great quote, Suffy! We often forget about the importance of the every day things (which we take for granted until it is taken away from us), the importance of the awareness we put into each moment (as opposed to going on automatic) and the ripple effect of *all* of our thoughts, decisions and acts.

Today I am going to take care of myself, and try to recover from a long week-end of funerary ceremonies and a cremation.

Later on in the week, I will talk to a friend of mine about the history project she (and another friend) is working on, which coincides with the family stories project I want to work on.

I also want to start a photo project this week, and my aim is to work on one subject a month and eventually publish them onto a blog. I'm trying to schedule a mammo and ultrasound for this week, too.

Then there are the continuing goals of exercising 3 times a week (my starting point), eating more fruits and vegetables as well as decreasing meat intake.

Thanks for starting the thread, Suffy.

Please visit these other great message boards:
Walk Away the Pounds
Fitness and Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-04-2007 - 4:05pm

I'm going to eat less this week.

~Fran

Christmas Signature
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-05-2007 - 10:28am

Hello Fran!

For some reason the little happy dance I posted when I saw you here didn't load, but I am very happy to see you :-)

How have you been? Every time I see horses I think of you!

Please visit these other great message boards:
Interracial and Interfaith Relationships