HI I am new to the board!

iVillage Member
HI I am new to the board!
Fri, 09-07-2007 - 11:15am

I have read through a few things and I'd like to participate in the Weekly Goals Thread, but I didn't see a link to that area. Where do I find it at?

I am a single mom of four, with only one left at home. My three boys, 21 (marines), 19 and 17 all live away from home. I have my daughter with me. Right now, I am not really working outside the house. I work a few hours a week at the local Boys & Girls Club, otherwise my main line of 'work' is sales. Its a hard way to make a living, but I actually do love it! I sell a variety of things from commercial laundry equipment to cosmetics and gourmet foods. Yes, some months I have little to no income, other months, I actually do have more money than I know what to do with!

Nice to meet you all!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2007 - 6:29pm

Welcome :-)

I just joined also.

Paige-Editcopybrynn.png picture by marce_jewels

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2007 - 6:39am

Hi Roxi,

Welcome to the board :-)

The weekly goal is a thread that Suffy posts on Monday. To give you an idea, this is this week's thread: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-bhbestlife&msg=561.1&x=y
Don't forget to look out for the new thread this Monday!

I work as a consultant and I know exactly what you mean. Some months I'm working like crazy all day and night long, then at the end of a project I have oodles of money, then it's quiet for a bit until I take on another project.

Wow, all of your kids are practically grown up. I don't have any, so I can't even imagine what you are going through although some of my friends have already become empty nesters or are seeing the last of their children about the leave the home next year.

Have a good week-end and talk to you soon!

Please visit these other great message boards:
Interracial and Interfaith Relationships

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2007 - 9:15am

Thanks for the welcome and the link! I look forward to talking with you all over time! Please know that if I 'vanish' for a day or two, its because I am just completely out of town without internet access for a short bit!

Roxi